• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fronts done..Finally

gary

are the torsion bars gonna be able to handle the leverage, or are coil overs gonna be necessary?

BIG_FAT_LOSER

It will cycle near 14" metal to metal, without bottom stop. 12" with the rubber bottom stop. The upper ball joint does not articulate enough to get full travel. I will need to get a taller urethane bottom stop or a bump can soon to limit the upward travel.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>

BIG_FAT_LOSER

The tortions suprisingly hold it up. But it does have the cadilac ocean liner feel. Kinda squishy. Have not taken it in the dirt yet. Coils are on order.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Yea, I'll be there. Was supposed to mark the course but I had to work friday night / Saturday morn in Paso Robles. I am supposed to be working the race, road x-ing or somthing, have not heard exactly where from Patricia or Jim yet.

Tyson

Damn Pat, those do look good. Can't wait to check them out at Barstow next weekend. See ya there

You may beat me in the flats, but watch out in the whoops.

ntsqd

With any luck Patch will be back together and I'll be out there. See a multi colored '84 4wd w/old style glass fronts & shell flag me down.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Why dont you just leave those cadilac torsions in it if they hold it up and run a 2.5 bypass, it would work way better than putting coilovers on it....

Greg

I guess i better drill and tap those shocks today. Damn pat, your keeping me busy. come by today and they'll be done.

Greg

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I agree with Mike. Cadillac is good, just slow your wheel speed with the shock. Plus you won't boil your shocks is the whoops with a "softer" spring (torsion). And if you have time you can valve your shocks to avoid body roll. Just my .01.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Worked well in Barstow today. Except for the cross shaft bolts pulling out. Threads were boogered up to begin with. Bad thing to have the upper arm go away with your wife in ther car. ("You and your DAMN truck" was the reply after the dust settled) Still soft though, tortions seem to be sagging. Sway-A-Way power bars. Will try re-valving. But now the back handles like a F***N' dishrag.