FRT 1212 Baja 500 Race Start

chino

Hi guys i want to share a clip of our start of 1212 FRT TEAM on this past Baja 500 from our in car Go Pro and our Co Driver Michael D. Ahearn .
We knew since the pre run that this race was going to be a tough one, right from the start, and you can see that on the video, but our co driver is a trooper and a tough kid, just look at his big smile he had at the end of his ride, kind of put on perspective what is really tough.
This race was kind of bittersweet, we make it to the finish line, just not in time, at the end we make it really close to finish it on the 20 hour limit and missed it for about 20 minutes.
The main goal was to finish the race and we accomplish that, the last 3 Baja 500 we couldn’t finish them so to make it to finish was a huge accomplishment from the whole team.
See you guys at the Baja 400 and if you see us at contingency come by and say hi, we are looking forward at the second half of this race season.

Josh 8

That is too cool. Mad props to you guys!!!!!

ChrisW

He might have had a lot more fun if his helmet actually fit and he understood to wipe his visor.

ChrisW

I wasn’t trying to be cruel here and I think helping someone with challenges share the experience is great. With that being said I was truly uncomfortable watching his helmet bounce around on his head because it was too big. We have a responsibility to make sure anyone that rides with us is safe. An oversized helmet isn’t.

Wendell #527

Chino what you did was fantastic. Kid was ecstatic! Don’t let these guys get you down. They bitch about everything.

chino

I wasn’t trying to be cruel here and I think helping someone with challenges share the experience is great. With that being said I was truly uncomfortable watching his helmet bounce around on his head because it was too big. We have a responsibility to make sure anyone that rides with us is safe. An oversized helmet isn’t.
Our team for sure agree whith you on the safety part, his helmet on that Brand is the smallest size they make, we will look on getting him a Extra Small and see how does it fit him or will see about making him one custom size and make sure that the helmet doesnt move, and do the job of protection, he always wear his neck restraint also.

We are open for suggestions on your helmet observation and any help or lead will be greatly apreciate it, thanks.

XR Baja

My “RESPECTS” to your team to give Michael D. Ahearn the opportunity to be a Co Driver.

bajaford

Big props to you and your team Chino...… kid will never forget it!