• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fud???

zoomlenz4u

Ok, you guys probably will say, heres another rookie asking stupid questions. I don't know alot of the Plaster City Racing History but I saw something and I have to ask. Who is FUD? I drove the track today and saw this memorial.

Attachments

1wayne

FUD was the guy that started car racing in Plaster City a long time ago. Was a hell of great man. He was there for the racer, put on great races. He is missed by a lot of us I would think.I can remember his bloody marys at the awards I miss those days.

Mark Newhan

God bless Otis T Fudpucker... If that was his real name. Fud was a great race promoter. He cared about the racer and just wanted to give people a place to fill their passions. Fud was quite an ignigma. There was alway great speculation on where he came from. Some claim that he was part of the think tank of engineers that developed the tiles for the Space Shuttle. He kinda came out of nowhere.

I raced three races in my first truck back in 1992. He would call me just to shoot the breeze, until way late into the evening, after he had had a few... In 1993 I went to race my first SCORE race, the SF250, I won class 1 and when I was up on the stage I saw Fud giving me a wink and looking like somewhat of a proud Papa. He later gave me a hug and told me he was proud that I represented District 38 so well.

We all miss Fud!

zoomlenz4u

When I saw the memorial I was hoping to find these type of comments about someone that left an impact. Very few people leave this world with genuine admiration from others. Well FUD would have loved this coarse in his memory. Here are some pics from todays cruise on the coarse.

Attachments

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
:( Fud was truly a one off.. true dezert guy...he would flag off the last car to come in just as much as the first....he did it all....mark the course...you name it...
my most lasting memory....when he climbed into my wheel-stander not knowing
what to expect.... lookin' over At me and said "HELL YEAH...lets have some FUN"..
As far as I'm concerned...Plaster city has never been the same since....
Period!!!

AllwaysRcn

Ok, you guys probably will say, heres another rookie asking stupid questions. I don't know alot of the Plaster City Racing History but I saw something and I have to ask. Who is FUD? I drove the track today and saw this memorial.

A couple pics of my favorite memories of Fud.

Like nobody else. One of a kind. Sorely missed.

Attachments

NIKAL

Its funny you would see Fud the week before a race cruising around on his 4X quad towing the little trailer with all his stakes, down arrows and ribbon. Fud did it all. He made the whole course himself and he would go back out and take it all down himself.

Like the picture above "Air Fud" he did that at my first race "New Years we won our class and that was his way of cheering you on threw the checkard flag.

I still have my mug from that first race. I dont drink out of it, it just sits on the shelf. Good memories.

Old School 8

Living in Tucson Az, I had given some thought to going to Plaster City to try out a new race venue. When it happened that we couldnt race, we just went to a few New Years Eve races, just to camp out, and check out his races. I only met him in person a few times, but he was a contributing member of Tony Telliers E-mail list, and he contributed a lot. When I bumped into Fud in Laughlin, the first thing he did, was offer to buy me a drink ! Not only did he do EVERTHING at his own races, he camped out in a full-size Ford WINDOW VAN ! No motorhome, just on the floor of his van, laying amongst the wooden course marker stakes, in a sleeping bag. My impression was that Fud was an honest man, looking to provide us an honest race. I am proud to have called Fud a friend.
RIP Fud.

DuaneH

Great promoter! great spokesmen for the sport! and ALWAYS supporting racers. I had raced D-38 for a number of years left and he never failed to say hey when we saw each other. When my oldest son started racing many years after I quit Fud would stop by camp have a beer and talk about anything. Down in Ensenada, at contingency, resturant, wherever, always happy go lucky, but he always did it right!. We lost a great asset to the sport when he passed.

DUNE DUMMY # 29

I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HIM WEARING THE BICYCLE HELMET & DRIVING HIS QUAD WITH NO PLASTIC & PULLING THE TRAILER JAMES SAASTA MADE HIM. HE ALWAYS WORE SHORTS NO MATTER WHAT THE TEMP. EVEN @ THE AWARDS BANQUETS, I SAW HIM WEAR a TUX WITH SHORTS. THANKS FOR BRINGING BACK ALL OF THOSE GREAT MEMORIES & A TEAR TO MY EYE. WE ALL REALLY DO MISS FUD. R.I.P. LITTLE BUDDY.

The greatest race promoter ever. He is the reason that I was able to share so many special times out in the desert both racing and just hanging out. I started racing when I was 11 out in the Superstition Series and I would not trade those memories for anything. Thanks FUD

DUNE DUMMY # 29

On The Course If You Saw 3 Down Arrows You Better Stop, Because It Is Going To Be Hairy. His Courses Were Always Challenging. We Raced With Him, For Him & Worked Road Crossings, Check Points & Sold Pit Passes @ The Desert & The Fairgrounds For Him. We All Miss Him.

offroadracer516

I was lucky anough to have known fud sence i was a kid the first race i ever rode with my dad in was a fud race i was 13.....always had a blast at his races

R.I.P. Fud see you at the big finish in the sky

mrlowfriction17

The memorial you saw was where FUD Ashes rest in Peace...I don't think he would have want to been anywhere else. I raced for Fud Growing Up...I miss the days of Bikes race in the morning, cars and trucks at Noon. Now the two can't even agree on who is racing what course and when...Miss Ya FUD!

michael_loomis

actually met FUD at my very first desert race.. almost 13 years ago! very brief meeting but it was an honor to talk to someone that had so much passion for off road racing. He always recognized me at ever race I ever saw him at afterward. CORP, CODE, SCORE. I've dated girls that dont even recognize me a month later! LOL

RIP Otis.. we love you!