• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fuel Cell Bladder repairs ??

Demp

#mikesson
Hey Everyone !

Does any one know if you can patch a leaking bladder ( patch kit ) , or any one know some one in southern cali that can repair damaged fuel cell and or bladder ? thanks for the help in advance !
-Nick

FTW MIKE

Hey Everyone !

Does any one know if you can patch a leaking bladder ( patch kit ) , or any one know some one in southern cali that can repair damaged fuel cell and or bladder ? thanks for the help in advance !
-Nick
Try Harmon Racing Fuel Cells, dont know the # off hand, but he does awesome work, I believe he is in lake forest.

Whitewater

we once used a spare tire stem to plug a hole where a bolt on the axle has pushed up through the bladder. Obviously not a permanent fix but it got us through a day in the desert. Sure was cold with my finger up in that hole while they searched the toolbox for something to stick in there.

This probably doesn't help you much.

I have had a leak patched before. It leaked in the near future and I was told later that it is not a "race legal" option(not that anyone can check). In the end I paid for the patch job and still had to buy another bladder. My advice, pony up the money for a new one.

Demp

#mikesson
i havent yet taken the cell out to see what exactly is leaking ... but we had the side panels off and found dried race gas... it left the ghostly white stains on the floor board under the cell.
-Nick

harleys dad

If it is clean and dry JB WELD will work really good. You just have to make sure the erea around the hole is really clean and ruffed up before applying and be sure to give it a wile to cure. Anybody at a race that has this problem you can use JB QWICK WELD that dryes real quick. The regular JB WeLD takes 18 to 24 hours to fully dry but is stronger than JB quick weld over a long period of time. I know it works because I have fixed a number of fuel cells with it over the years and save a bunch of money doing so. I had a cell with JB weld last about 6 years from the time I first put it on and it was at the bottom were gas sat on it at all times and it never failed or had to be re done. You could even get a pice of bladder material and JB weld it to the cell if your hole is bigger than your hand lol Jim Harmon also does a nice job on bladders if you can get him to finnish it!!!!! good luck to you

randy s

make sure te bladder leaks and the stains you see are'nt from the overflow vent tube.

ffjerm

Have had to use JB weld on a cell one time and it worked great when time was not a option.
ditto, Malloy used JB weld to do a field repair in my cell at my last race. worked great. obviously this is a temp fix. i had aero tech build me a new bladder, great customer service, beautiful product, and a good price. they told me since it wasn't a rubber bladder, it could not be repaired.