Fuel Cell install

Littlenutts

Reaction
Has anyone here put a fuel cell in a T100 or a tacoma? What fuel pump or pusher are you using? I will be putting a 32gal fuel cell into my T100 with the 3.4L V6 motor. any suggestions would be great! I was un able to find anything that would help in a serch.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I put in a 32 gallon fuel safe in my Tacoma about a year ago. I got my fuel pump through Camburg, its built by Hella but under a different name. Haven't had any problems with the cell, pump, or any plumbing. I know a few other people running the same pump and they all like it.

Littlenutts

Reaction
Do you have the make and model #? Do you have to switch it on everytime you start the truck?Just would like to know how it all works/ cost.

Rprice

Reaction
the cool part about having the pump on a switch is you can put it under the dash or under the seat so when some dude tries to steal your truck he wont get far un less he brings a trailer or likes pushing.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
No switch, its hooked up so that when you turn the key the pump is on. I'm sure you could mount it to a switch if you wanted. I don't have a part number or anything, you'll have to talk to Jerry at Camburg, he knows all the info for ordering it.

Timmah

Reaction
Food for thought!

The factory pump is usually controlled so that it doesn't run without a tach signal. It's that way so that the pump won't run unless the engine is running. For instance if you were to crash and rip a fuel line off, the pump would stop with the engine and maybe not burn the truck to the ground like an old VW.

I say use the factory wire for the pump and put in a switch somewhere to inturrupt power if you feel you need it for a theft deterrent.

We are all gonna die someday, I just don't want to burn!

Sorry for the gloom and doom! Just my 2 cents!

billymanfroy

Reaction
We run ours on an oil pressure switch. That way if you lose oil pressure and don't catch it right away, the fuel will hopefully shut off before you kill the motor. It was also for the fire thing though.

Littlenutts

Reaction
I would rather skip the switch. I would much rather it all work on its own and as safe as possible. Does anyone have a brand name for the inline pumps being used?