Fuel Consumtion

Sunset Kid

Reaction
On average, when running in Barstow, what do you calculate your fuel mileage to be ??

ryno_racing

Reaction
How about in general not just Barstow? I know that it will be different at each race but what is the average for this class?

BUDMAN975

Reaction
I have always gotten around 10 miles per gallon but always figure 9 to make sure I have extra. At the MORE 500 I ran way short and we came to later find that we were down to 7mpg, then installed a fuel regulator and was exactly at 10mpg once again.

mrmatt

Reaction
I get 10ish. Lucerne is ususally a little better than Barstow but either way I plan on 10 and haven't come up short yet....

ACME

Reaction
My wife won Ridgecrest in her 11 car a few years ago and we guessed 10mpg for the first 3-4 races she ran. She finished the race and we decided to pump out the cell, the elec pump went @ 30 secs and it was over with about 3-4 cups in the dump can... We figured we'd finish with @ a 4-5 gal buffer. Moral of the story: We were actually getting @ 7.5-8 with a single port 9 car motor and just got lucky for the first few races as we over planned her fuel stops. Don't figure that because "Billy" is getting 10 that you'll get 10 as driving style, the vehicle etc... do play a factor and they are not the same.

EUGENIO_979

Reaction
I got around 8.50mpg in Plaster City (100ft elevation) running in 107 degree weather (jetted rich) SP motor.

ffrank

Reaction
Now I see Afro Rob and my problem... We get 15mpg. We need to push the gas pedal down farther!

Sunset Kid

Reaction
Thanks for the input. My wife will be driving at Barstow for the Powder Puff race, so I'll use 9mpg as reference and go from there.

BUDMAN975

Reaction
I would put in a little more fuel being its your wife, I know I will be doing the same.