fuel injection

drtdevil93

Reaction
ok, new question, sds has a fuel only system, and a fuel/ignition system. with the first you use the original ignition. now seeing that my motor is not going to be some crazy motor, is the fuel only system something to consider, or is there some reason i cant think of why its a bad idea.
another plus with the fuel only is no crank trigger crap is needed

erik

geoff

Reaction
Its a pretty good idea overall, i would just try to find out as much as possible about the timing curves of the stock distributor. Depending on chracteristics of the cam you are running and the compression, hook up a knock sensor (i recomend the GM one which can be acquired with a meter from MSD) and see what the motor will take

How high compression and how wild a cam you run will dictate what kind of timing you should run, depending on the gas available to you, of course.

For fuel only systems which are really cake to hook up and work extremely well overall, i love the Haltech F9... <devils advocate>

please let me know what you find out about the distributors. I would imagine that you will use a distrib from a carb'd 22R? I like this idea tho, its cheap and shoudl work out really well for you. Thanks

geoff@full-race.com

Mathmatics is the language of nature.