Fuel prices and availability in Loreto and La Paz

retroblazer

Reaction
I wonder about the effects on pump gas availability following the hurricane., if any, in running NORRA's upcoming event. I'm using 1,200 miles x 2= 2,400 roundtrip

Race car/Blazer 4+ mpg
Crew cab Duramax/ 8ft 4wd 12+ mpg

Per Ramsey No trailer. Does anybody have a tow bar that they want to give up for a couple of weeks and is close to El Cajon?

harleys dad

Reaction
Everytime I have raced down south to La Paz I carry at least 2 55 Gallon drums with fuel for my truck filled up in Ensanada or for this case Mexicalli ....Just in case! beats sitting and waiting for fuel to show up which happens forsure after a hurricane or price fixing after such a disaster. Good luck

retroblazer

Reaction
Everytime I have raced down south to La Paz I carry at least 2 55 Gallon drums with fuel for my truck filled up in Ensanada or for this case Mexicalli ....Just in case! beats sitting and waiting for fuel to show up which happens forsure after a hurricane or price fixing after such a disaster. Good luck
lol Thanks but two drums sucks up a lot of space in my one chase vehicle.

Reaction
I wonder about the effects on pump gas availability following the hurricane., if any, in running NORRA's upcoming event. I'm using 1,200 miles x 2= 2,400 roundtrip

Race car/Blazer 4+ mpg
Crew cab Duramax/ 8ft 4wd 12+ mpg

Per Ramsey No trailer. Does anybody have a tow bar that they want to give up for a couple of weeks and is close to El Cajon?
I've got a couple you can choose from.

M

memin.pinguine

I wonder about the effects on pump gas availability following the hurricane., if any, in running NORRA's upcoming event.
There is no fuel shortage or increased pricing in La Paz to my knowledge.

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
i hear the govt has put generators at the pemex stations so they can pump gas. they also are going full bore on getting the road opened. i guess quite a few bridges are out. i have a report from a friend who drove from loreto to san juanico. or at least to la purisima where he didn't get across the rio. i guess it's pretty bad in some spots. a lot of big power line towers are down and the gov't is stringing a new line instead of fixing the old one from constitution to loreto.

i dont think fuel shortage will be the problem once the road opens enough for big rigs. it's going to be power outages.

bajabird

Reaction
If you have a race car with you, go either to the Oasis or Coco cabanas or Desert Inn, For the best new place in town. Stay at the Mission on the waterfront street.