fuel pump for Toyota 3.4

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I have a 95 T-100 with the 3.4 V6 and TRD Supercharger. Soon it will have a fuel cell and I am wondering what people are using for fuel pumps. Anyone out there have a Tacoma or T-100 with a cell that had to buy an aftermarket pump?

beamdream

Reaction
Dude, Im running a 22 gallon Fuel cell in my Tacoma and we rigged a fuel pump from his 7s Ranger. Works fine in my truck. Its mounted directly up in my chassis behind the cab on my drivers side. Then we added an in-line fuel filter since we had to run all new lines.

C-$

motoxscott

Reaction
My brother uses a Bosch fuel pump for his tacoma. I'll try and find out the part number when I get home. He has a 32 gallon cell. Just remember fuel pumps push fuel better than they pull it. We used all Earls AN fittings.

Tyson

Reaction
Hey Curtis, I know I have the older 4 banger motor but its still EFi. I went through about 4 fuel pumps and finally ended up with a stock pump out of a Nissan Z car that is mounted on my frame rail sucking gas out of my 32GA cell. Hope this helps. . .I also run 2 in line filters 1 inbetween the cell and pump, and 1 inbetween the pump and the motor.

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I just talked to my friend that races a 3.0 motor and he uses a Mallary that puts out 60psi. He said it was about $100 from Summit. He has had the best luck with that one over the years. Sounds like a good option so far.

ntsqd

Reaction
Most of the Early Bronco folks converting to EFI use the F-250 frame rail mounted pump. Some have used the Ranger pump. One of the SVO guys (back when it was called that) told me at the SEMA Show that the Merkur XR4Ti pump would flow enough fuel to support a V8. those come bundled with a filter and have rubber mounts for the pump/filter bracket and have the pump mounted in rubber to the bracket.

As good as some of the aftermarket pumps are, given where I know that truck is likely to go I would think a stock application from something would be better. There isn't a Mallory vendor in El Currenta (sp ?), but in San Ignacio there might be a pump for a Ford or a Toyota or even a Chevy.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I got a fuel pump that is made by Hella for my fuel cell on my Tacoma. Give Jerry a call or PM him and ask him about it, thats where I got it. It works great and only costs about $110. It should handle the supercharger fine because I believe its made for suped up V8's.

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

orvacian

Reaction
I got mine from McKenzies, they called it their fuel injected buggy pump and it cost around $110.

Irishf00k

Reaction
Hey Curtis I've been using the same fuel pump as 7 in my 4.0 ranger and it does fine. I've put about 5 races on it and no problems. The only problem is to make sure it's mounted firmly because if it rattles you lose fuel during bumpy sections.

~Irish