Fuel Pump Issues

zetapsi827

Reaction
I'm having fuel problems in my stock 4.0L Ranger. It seems the fuel pump I currently have does not have the adequate fuel delivery. Can someone please recommend a good fuel pump that will keep a good flow of fuel to the injectors?

How many GPH and PSI should I be using?

What pump are you running?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

zetapsi827

Reaction
What are the symptoms?

truck starts up just fine for about 2-3 miles. then it starts stalling. pushing the accelerator just makes it stall faster.

At first I thought it was clogged up, but the fuel filter i put before the pump was fine. I thought for a while the foam inside the fuel cell was breaking up and clogging it, but i looked inside the tank and the foam is in tact.

Reaction
Are you sure the pickup line inside the cell is not deteriorated and collapsing like a straw in a thick milkshake? Are you running some aftermarket injection system or?

Becerra

Reaction
we run the piersburg fuel pump (set regulator at 50 psi) from kartek. we had the same problem a while back, ended up being the filter bag that came inside the fuel cell.

zetapsi827

Reaction
Are you sure the pickup line inside the cell is not deteriorated and collapsing like a straw in a thick milkshake? Are you running some aftermarket injection system or?

Didn't check the pickup line, just the foam. The engine is completely stock, even the injection system.

zetapsi827

Reaction
we run the piersburg fuel pump (set regulator at 50 psi) from kartek. we had the same problem a while back, ended up being the filter bag that came inside the fuel cell.

Do you know how many GPH this pump flows?

Filter bag inside the cell?? Where exactly is that? In the pickup line?

Becerra

Reaction
ya the pick up line that's inside the cell has a filter bag on the end of it so trash doesnt come thru the line, its stock in most fuel safe cells i think. we had the same problem and opened up the cell and found that that pick up line was becoming deteriorated (the gray coating) and clogged the bag, so it would run good for the first one or two miles then starting cutting out like there was no fuel in the rail. im not sure the GPH but im sure if you call Kartek they can tell you. its the pump alot of injected trucks run.

slcpunk74

Reaction
Not sure if this will help you but here is a link to some info I posted on dr.

[ame="http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100997"]Fuel pump/ fuel cell discussion - DezertRangers.com[/ame]