Fuel Safe. Pickup lines that work.

cusico

RDC Crypto
So pickup lines can great. some are cheesy, a few get you laid, most are corny. I want to hear some good ones if you got them. maybe next time I will have a pickup line that works.

What type/brand of fuel hose has been holding up?

I know this has been in a thread before, I just can't find it using the search. "Fuel Safe line" "Pickup Line" "Fuel Safe Pickup" "Pickup line" etc. I tried RDC.

4918636328_dab33c04f0_b.jpg

4918633212_9f551119c9_b.jpg

This is about 20% of the soft clay/Playdoh and tiny pieces. BOO!!!
4918031547_1963defeb4_b.jpg

rockhead

RDC Crypto
Mine did the same thing. Since then I have been using some of that blue push lock hose and change it out every 6 months. No probs since.

Motelcambodia

RDC Crypto
Website
aerocambodia.com
Any reasion it could not be a hard line copper or steel ?

redline

RDC Crypto
The blue Parker push loc hose works good generally we just have to change it when we change the foam.

The problem with doing hard line is you would have to support it other wise with the vibrations and hits from it hanging it will want to break.

redline

RDC Crypto
Also when you do your new pick up lines make sure you're picking up from the back and if you have two pick ups do it so one is going in each corner. Theory is if you are low on fuel you can always roll down hill but need to have gas to make it up a hill

CHASETHISTOO

RDC Crypto
This just happened to us at Vegas to Reno. We filled up at every check and made it to the finish...barely. Maybe we'll have to try the blue push lock hose.

cusico

RDC Crypto
Two pickups, two filters, two 044 pumps. Should be okay. I can't find any hose that has a fuel rated outer casing. It may be fuel resistive, but not for complete saturation. I guess I will replace it every race? Only a few bucks, but the labor to get it out is the killer.

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
RDC Crypto
I feel for you on this! this took us out of the Baja 1000 a few years back. You need to ask for hose that is rated for fuel inside and out most is rated inside. I also use short piece of rubber hose and then go to stainless tube to a tee fitting at the bottom pick up. I have put fuel cell prep on my prep list for every race .If you can't find any hose give me a PM with what you need and I will send it to you free of charge. .Is your cell from fuel safe?

charlie_brown

RDC Crypto
on my cell, i use a hard line from the top to the stock rubber hose that ties into the stock pump and sock. i did add a stabilizer tube to help hold it in place. been working great for 8 years with out a problem. doing a motor swap so i just open it up and it looks as good as the day i put it in. doing the same with the new pump.

charlie_brown

RDC Crypto
flipping through my aircraft spruce book the other day and the have some hoses that are rated for alcohol, gas inner and outer.

Wahl_7s

RDC Crypto
I just used 1/2 in aluminum tubing added a pick up 2filters 2 pumps no problems!

07FJRog

RDC Crypto
The blue Parker push loc hose works good generally we just have to change it when we change the foam.

The problem with doing hard line is you would have to support it other wise with the vibrations and hits from it hanging it will want to break.

how often would you change out the foam ( mine is the Black foam)

thx.

Rog

Wahl_7s

RDC Crypto

I disagree I had the same issue with the stock pick-up I used very light flex aluminum tube no issues in 4 years and ditched the foam no contamination problem! I do agree on placement of pick-ups though