Fuel Transfer Pump

Bantle

Reaction
I'm looking for a way to make an aux. pump set up to pump fuel out of the fuel cell on my truck. I would like to take the fuel pick up line of the cell and attach a hose with some sort of 12 volt aux. pump to transfer fuel out of the cell. I know I could use the trucks fuel pump to do this but it would be a lot easier with a higher volume pump. I have looked at some pumps that seem to be perfect but they advise against using it for fuel, could be for pumps protection or fire liability? Anyways just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas or products that may work. Thanks Guys.

FABRICATOR

Reaction

HarleyR

Reaction
If you have a compressor or bottle you can look into an air transfer pump.... no batteries or sparks and will move alot of fuel... I use one daily and can move 19 gallons of fuel in a few minutes.. Look on Ebay or used parts sites and find a big aeromotive or magnafuel pump... done that before too...

manicmechanic

Reaction
Chevy trucks around 1999 had 2 tanks with a frame mounted pump to transfer fuel from the rear tank to the front. No tank switch. Plumbed with hoses and wired with aligator clips its compact and handy.