Full stock 77 ford general questions

Ethan

Reaction
Hey everyone, first post on the forum, stoked to try and be a part of the race life hopefully sooner than later.
Looking at getting my 77 ford ready to go for full stock racing to cut my teeth in the game, Cant find it clearly in any rules and waiting on emails but thought it would be good to toss at the guys that have been doing this for a while.
Am I allowed to bend my beams?
Shorten truck from ext cab LB to ext cab SB?
I think the rest is pretty cut and dry. Can't find anything relevant that's been discussed in the last 10 years.
Thanks for any and all help!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reaction
Where do you plan to go Full Stock racing?

Josh 8

Reaction
About 10 years ago the happening place to race 8s was bitd. I would check there rules to see what they say. The rules are online.

1450 (prerunner) is the WOW class for a “diy” guy.

Basically keep the cab and doors. Everything else is open. And lots of people get started by using bolt on suspension kits. There using top of the line kits. No pro comp stuff. So there relatively simple to install.

If you keep the frame rails you will have a 8 open like mine in the avatar. It’s the perfect “trifecta” race truck. 8 open, 1450 race and street legal hot rod by adding a wind shield.

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
I’m not sure stock full is even still a class in BITD.

gray ghoast

Reaction
Not sure when this was posted. Not legal for SCORE full stock.
Need to buy SCORE rule book.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

gray ghoast

Reaction
About 10 years ago the happening place to race 8s was bitd. I would check there rules to see what they say. The rules are online.

1450 (prerunner) is the WOW class for a “diy” guy.

Basically keep the cab and doors. Everything else is open. And lots of people get started by using bolt on suspension kits. There using top of the line kits. No pro comp stuff. So there relatively simple to install.

If you keep the frame rails you will have a 8 open like mine in the avatar. It’s the perfect “trifecta” race truck. 8 open, 1450 race and street legal hot rod by adding a wind shield.
IMG_2215.jpg
IMG_3332.jpg
IMG_3332.jpg
This
This is my friend’s 1450.
Yellow truck is a 1450 also.
30 k in just shocks and bumps.
I think it is a lot to ask when you are just starting out SCORE has a class called Sportsman truck. Just need to have safety requirements. Lot cheaper to enter, too.

gray ghoast

Reaction
FYI... SCORE Rule Book is available on line at no cost. All sections are .pdf files and any and all can be downloaded and printed.

Introduction – SCORE Race Info
I bought a bunch before, expensive! Use to give them out after renewing membership.
Not anymore or t-shirt.
New membership card is now plastic rather than paper. I guess that makes up for it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Ethan

Reaction
Thanks so far guys, I have the SCORE sportsman 8100 and 8000, trying to decide on that and I'm looking at YORRA in Montana since im in Alberta to start closer.
They run on SCORE rules for the cage.
Great advice so far, any advice for my ibeams?

TRichards

Reaction
Don't think that bending of beams is allowed in stock full. PM Jim Beaver (Jimmy8). He had a 79 stock full that they raced BITD back in the day. There are pics of it floating around.

J Prich

Reaction
To reiterate, I’m almost positive you won’t find any rules about stick full in a current BITD rule book because it’s gone. 8100 in BITD is now open sportsman. There is no class for stick full in BITD these days, I’m pretty sure.

Ethan

Reaction
You're right, I was checking bitd out. I'll just work myself and the truck up as I get better (and cash flow haha) and get into something that's more broadly accepted in the popular race associations.

EOR1488

Reaction
You're right, I was checking bitd out. I'll just work myself and the truck up as I get better (and cash flow haha) and get into something that's more broadly accepted in the popular race associations.

What about class 2000 in Snore. Good class to run it’s a sportsman class. Cheap entry fee. Steel cab, working doors, leaf springs no links. Mini or full size pickups.

Reaction
Full Stock died because it was a very expensive ride if everything went right. When it didn't, it was more expensive.

Prep was 24/365.

A "golf cart" really is cheaper to race, Ethan.

Sell the 77 or tow a golf cart trailer with it.

You will be money ahead.

And financing is available on approved credit.

Not so with a Full Stock.

J Prich

Reaction
What about class 2000 in Snore. Good class to run it’s a sportsman class. Cheap entry fee. Steel cab, working doors, leaf springs no links. Mini or full size pickups.

X2. Keep it leaf spring and go race 2000. Solid bang for your buck.

Ethan

Reaction
I have considered that but it just doesn't grab my attention quite so much and I already have the truck with a solid engine and c6 trans and a whole truck worth of spare parts. Just gotta cage it and improve what I can while staying legal in all the reasonable classes I can.

Ethan

Reaction

I've heard of SNORE here and there but haven't read much on it yet. I'll check it out. Thanks

gray ghoast

Reaction
Thanks so far guys, I have the SCORE sportsman 8100 and 8000, trying to decide on that and I'm looking at YORRA in Montana since im in Alberta to start closer.

Friend is driving for Roy Tompkins class 8.
Won the Baja 250,500. If they win the 1000 or finish well, should wrap up the championship. He is the one with the 1450. He drove my truck in 2014 but is committed to the class 8 truck. Last year he drove a 6100 truck.

gray ghoast

Reaction

I would find a cheaper class to start of in.
Heck, I am wearing two grand when I jump in my truck!