fullsize baja bug?

TauMau

Reaction
Sure there's plenty of them...unless you're referring to the cab being stretched...only a couple of those and they aren't desert vehicles. But here's mine with stretched wheelbase/trackwidth...and a-arms

Attachments

broncobaha

Reaction
Sure there's plenty of them...unless you're referring to the cab being stretched...only a couple of those and they aren't desert vehicles. But here's mine with stretched wheelbase/trackwidth...and a-arms
Here are some pics of the Streamline Baja Bug. I think its the most bad ass desert Baja ever built and it has a stretched body?

Before

During

Done

grob32973

Reaction
I'm sorry let me re-phrase my question. I was talking about taking a hard top body and widening and stretching the body 12"x12" and retaining the roof. I was thinking about having one done and/or attempting it myself and build a prerunner out of that.

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
Here is mine...

6" extended to the front and 5" to the back= 11"

plus 10" over extended beam and 5+5 rear trailing arms

Scott_F

Reaction
I'm sorry let me re-phrase my question. I was talking about taking a hard top body and widening and stretching the body 12"x12" and retaining the roof. I was thinking about having one done and/or attempting it myself and build a prerunner out of that.
I have thought about doing this. I would make it a convertible. Widening the compound curve roof would be unfeasible. If you are real good with sheetmetal, you could make a whole new roof with a big English wheel.

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
I have thought about doing this. I would make it a convertible. Widening the compound curve roof would be unfeasible. If you are real good with sheetmetal, you could make a whole new roof with a big English wheel.
I saw one in THESAMBA, but honestly it just looked like a big old Ford 47 if you ask me

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Damn, that's ugly!

stoprez2006

Reaction
I really like this concept and thought it over a few times on how to do it but cant figure out a good way. Also that car that is from the samba is also on volkrods.com and has a cadillac v8 in it and he widened the car to fit it. It started as the baja bug and then he decided to make more of a hot rod out of it.

grob32973

Reaction
want to make it like the kreger bug, but a fullsize body. going to try it anyways. I think it will be the coolest thing ever. I have been mowing it over for months and the itch just wont go away..

5racer

Reaction
here are two converts iv built 4 1/2 in wider at window frame

Last edited:

Scott_F

Reaction
I saw one in THESAMBA, but honestly it just looked like a big old Ford 47 if you ask me
That first one is an acquired taste! The second one is not as bad. Now that I have seen some examples, maybe 4-6" widening would be a better idea. Like I said, a convertible eliminates the roof issues, and you could widen the hood at the windshield, and narrow it back down in the front.