Fun Run days

Big_Rich

Reaction
As Casey does with BITD.....

what if we did that with VORRA, would anyone be interested?

Rich

www.vorra.com

billymanfroy

Reaction
Usually about 4 weeks before the actual race, they organize a "pre-fun" run. You have to be entered in the race, and have like $200 paid on your entry to prerun. It's all done through the organization, and most people on the trip stay in the same hotel, etc. I've never done it, but I guess Casey leads everyone around at a sane speed and they have fun for a day or two checking out the course. It's the only prerunning allowed prior to a BITD event, so most of the teams wouldn't miss it.

BTW, Josh, I left your number at home. I got a date tonight, so hopefully you can make it over later in the weekend... PM or call me.

Later

curt

Reaction
What would be really cool is to clear out the schedule for the early Toys for Tots Barstow Poker run and organize a trip as a group to attend. We used to do it years ago, but one of the first 2 PC races is always on the same weekend. Curt

VORRA Class 7

J_Dog

Reaction
Sounds like a good idea. Do most people take a prerunner or do you need your race truck for the pre-fun day?

Jeff Matlock
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

shower

Reaction
For BITD street legal vehicles are used because you have to use streets/highways to get from the hotel to the race course. And the speeds were slow enough so you didn't need race or prerun vehicles. On one pre-fun run I rented a Mercury Mountaineer and it did quite well. What the rental agency doesn't know won't hurt them.