• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fun with Classifieds!

Mojave Traveler

Saw this nice "stable" of Broncos while coming home from Venice Beach earlier today.

8899004.jpg

BajaFand

If I won the lottery tomorrow I would probably start with this Jeepspeed. Of course, everyone wants to race a TT, but most of my experience is on a bike and I am a logical person knowing that just because I could afford a TT doesn't mean I should own a TT.

3 Time Jeepspeed Champion, Jeep Cherokee 4X4 two door for sale.

View attachment 183786
Same reasons I picked Lil' Mac. Jeepspeed would also be a strong consideration. But with the support and competition the UTV classes I feel that's a good option too. Honestly I'd probably buy all 3 and figure out what I'd race at which event lol.

If I hit powerball this week I'd buy a prerunner and team up with someone already racing the 1000. At this point there's not much time to buy and prep prerunners, race cars, chase trucks, and assemble a team. But I'd be ready for 2018 Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

B. Everett

lets face it, the forum is pretty stale. I thought that we could have fun with the ads in the classifieds. It would also be a cool way to bring attention to some of the vehicles. I see some pretty cool things from time to time. There is also some... well... errr... ummm, interesting ads we could have fun with. If your ad is "selected" for some potential comic relief, just think of it as a Roast in the grand fashion of the more modern Comedy Central roasts.

I like this truck. I think the owner had a cool vision for it and I think it looks great.

I would check in daily to see what Ramsey stirred up. RDC is not the same anymore for me. Good idea to get something going on here.....

streamline

What I really want to know, are the $70k to $100k beam prerunner trucks and broncos really selling for even close to what the asking prices are?? Seems to be a lot of them for sale right now.

BajaOj Ford Bronco Pre-Runner

1995 Ford F-150 TT Prerunner

4 passenger 4 wheel drive Bronco

1994 Ford Bronco Flying Dutchmen Racing Prerunner

Luxury Bronco Prerunner 4 linked

This Russ Wernirmont Blazer seems like a great deal! I wish I would have seen this a year ago, I would have saved a ton of money!!
K5 Blazer

BHollander

What I really want to know, are the $70k to $100k beam prerunner trucks and broncos really selling for even close to what the asking prices are?? Seems to be a lot of them for sale right now.

BajaOj Ford Bronco Pre-Runner

1995 Ford F-150 TT Prerunner

4 passenger 4 wheel drive Bronco

1994 Ford Bronco Flying Dutchmen Racing Prerunner

Luxury Bronco Prerunner 4 linked

This Russ Wernirmont Blazer seems like a great deal! I wish I would have seen this a year ago, I would have saved a ton of money!!
K5 Blazer

Mine is the Luxury Bronco at the bottom of your list. I will say I have had a ton of interest in mine but currently the motor is being finished up so people want a running driving pre-runner not a project. With that said I just ironed out a deal to race the south section of the 1000 so I probably will keep till after that. And yes I am building another 4x4 TTB pre-runner (simple low tech 4x4 and affordable also you can find parts all over the peninsula) it just will not be done till beginning of next year. Broncos and blazers are great for baja because you can pack your gear and go.

D-Munoz1472

The SCORE legal 2" roll cage with dead tubes on the B & C pillars, and the 1/4 Valance on each side cut from OEM bumper material are both pretty sweet details.

But the fact the chase rack was thought out enough to hold two tires, 11 gallon fuel can and/or 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, pipe or lumber just in case is really what makes this a killer deal in my opinion.

redline

The SCORE legal 2" roll cage with dead tubes on the B & C pillars, and the 1/4 Valance on each side cut from OEM bumper material are both pretty sweet details.

But the fact the chase rack was thought out enough to hold two tires, 11 gallon fuel can and/or 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, pipe or lumber just in case is really what makes this a killer deal in my opinion.
Somebody was super meticulous on the finishing of that truck just didnt really know what they were doing as far as our world goes. Everything looks clean when you glance at it but then you see all of the non intersecting tubes, battery cables rubbing on crossmembers, ect. The guy even likes green so much that he flushed out all the Dexcool gm requires and put regular bright green coolant in it plus changed a section of hose to clear so you can see it! Dedication!........ I'm going to hell

redline

Way back when the classifieds had comments allowed in the ads it was great because didnt have to worry about calls, emails, and text from window shoppers. Unfortunately there were also a lot of trolls. My friend's Foutz built ranger was the one ad that caused the comments to be removed.

green787

Somebody was super meticulous on the finishing of that truck just didnt really know what they were doing as far as our world goes. Everything looks clean when you glance at it but then you see all of the non intersecting tubes, battery cables rubbing on crossmembers, ect. The guy even likes green so much that he flushed out all the Dexcool gm requires and put regular bright green coolant in it plus changed a section of hose to clear so you can see it! Dedication!........ I'm going to hell
Thanks for the critique...That "Somebody" is me....The battery cables are secured and double secured, so there is no "rubbing"...(the pic makes it look closer to that sharp crossmember than it actually is) shielded from heat etc. etc...Not easy to do on a Chevrolet... The hole where they come up through the bed could be bigger, or better grommeted...
Thanks for noticing the coolant recovery tube....
What are non intersecting tubes??? I didn't finish the sides of the cage, so you could get in the truck easier...
But I've been saving all that fun stuff for whoever buys it...

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark Newhan

Robert, you're a good sport. When I posted the thread, this is what I had in mind with respect to Roasting our own.

redline

Thanks for the critique...That "Somebody" is me....The battery cables are secured and double secured, so there is no "rubbing"...(the pic makes it look closer to that sharp crossmember than it actually is) shielded from heat etc. etc...Not easy to do on a Chevrolet... The hole where they come up through the bed could be bigger, or better grommeted...
Thanks for noticing the coolant recovery tube....
What are non intersecting tubes??? I didn't finish the sides of the cage, so you could get in the truck easier...
But I've been saving all that fun stuff for whoever buys it...
Tubes need to line up with the other tubes for the load paths to continue. When they are offset like this they are going to shear/bend the tube in the middle.

Attachments