• Forum membership has its advantages....

Fun with Classifieds!

green787

Tubes need to line up with the other tubes for the load paths to continue. When they are offset like this they are going to shear/bend the tube in the middle.
I see... I'm old school.... put a lot of crush, bend, and I guess shear in the design of my roll cages.. You think I should glob everything into one triangulated point like Kinetic Camburg does....??? Too stiff IMO.... Rip your jugular right out of your neck.... Seen it at Laughlin.... One endo... dead driver... I bend the tubing, where others triangulate....

green787

Robert, you're a good sport. When I posted the thread, this is what I had in mind with respect to Roasting our own.
I'm doing pretty good for RDC (not lynched yet)... I'm thinking maybe I should raise the price...LOL!!!! Black truck with green "tribal" flames....Totally rebuilt (don't you hate it when they're loose) GM steering column... Russian made reptile patterned sound proofing on lit up inner door panels.... So baddass....:D:cool::cool::cool:

Tribal Flames.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

redline

I see... I'm old school.... put a lot of crush, bend, and I guess shear in the design of my roll cages.. You think I should glob everything into one triangulated point like Kinetic Camburg does....??? Too stiff IMO.... Rip your jugular right out of your neck.... Seen it at Laughlin.... One endo... dead driver... I bend the tubing, where others triangulate....
That sounds more like a lack of neck restraint instead of too stiff of cage. I know that wearing one of them is considered new school though. I've seen more people with broken necks and bones because cage didnt hold up like it was suppose to than dead because it did.

green787

That sounds more like a lack of neck restraint instead of too stiff of cage. I know that wearing one of them is considered new school though. I've seen more people with broken necks and bones because cage didnt hold up like it was suppose to than dead because it did.
You know.... I really liked my butt pillow (neck doughnut) because it held my helmet up, so I didn't have to support my head with my neck muscles... Racing down pit road was fun too....

Mark Newhan

You know.... I really liked my butt pillow (neck doughnut) because it held my helmet up, so I didn't have to support my head with my neck muscles... Racing down pit road was fun too....
With so little weight up there in that cranium, you shouldn't need a neck collar ;)

green787

There's a whole bunch wrong with looking so adoringly up the south end of a north bound chicken.
You remind me of the "G man" in the video... Making sure Roscoe doesn't do anything "untoward" in public....:D:D:D:p

Bro_Gill

Robert, fortunately for you, that straight axle Toyota couldn't go fast enough to rip your jugular out.

Mike321

How many rules do you have to brake to get this picture for your pre-runner classified ad?

p128684n1.jpg

DeRaRa

How many rules do you have to brake to get this picture for your pre-runner classified ad?

When I originally saw that ad the first thing that came to my head was someone is going to lose their job over this picture.

Rory

Crayola Killer
If you win the lottery let me know, this gem may not be advertised but everything is for sale for the right price....

20140422_113924 (640x360).jpg

swiftracing5

I had a big bite on the ad for my old 5 car earlier this year. The person asked all the right questions, I thought I had it in the bag. Then the zinger came - "I really want to get this car for my boyfriend for valentines day, will you take 12k(which was half the selling price)??"

I had never been so impressed of a lowball, GF of the year material. You go girl.

LRS1972

The SCORE legal 2" roll cage with dead tubes on the B & C pillars, and the 1/4 Valance on each side cut from OEM bumper material are both pretty sweet details.

But the fact the chase rack was thought out enough to hold two tires, 11 gallon fuel can and/or 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, pipe or lumber just in case is really what makes this a killer deal in my opinion.
I've passed by this truck hundreds of times in Pasadena. Always wondered the deal was with it. Looks wayyyyy cleaner in the pics then it does driving by at 30mph.

green787

IMG_0149.JPG
I've passed by this truck hundreds of times in Pasadena. Always wondered the deal was with it. Looks wayyyyy cleaner in the pics then it does driving by at 30mph.
Proof that my street is a highway..... I don't wash it much... Here's what it looks like to you... Notice the over the frame rail exhaust...

Attachments

Last edited:

green787

The sidewalk out front is sacred ground to skateboarders.... We called this the Limbo Stick.... That's me....Jack be nimble...1966

Skate Board.jpg

Maybe my brother and I invented "Xtreme Sports".... Somebody PLEASE post a pic that proves me wrong...

Last edited: