Fun with Classifieds!

jon coleman

Reaction
100k ?, why the bling ?, what is it? a chase truck?, pre runner??, a toy box hauler?, seems a little pricey

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
It's funny that he paid $800 for ceramic tint. I only paid $400 for all of the windows on my crew cab with electric sliding rear window just a few weeks ago.
Only paid $1400 for my AMP steps a few months ago.

BajaFand

Reaction

yghzdiufxvqef1sgh85sf18x31nbwp.jpg

Now I have to know the deal with this. I know the complete history of this truck up until 3-4 years ago which from what I understand is when the original owners took it back from its “hiding spot”. Now maybe it’s moved on to a different owner and is now being sold by someone else. Hard to tell with it being consigned through Baja Brokers. I’m a little bit surprised that Baja Brokers would take this sake unless they had no idea of the history associated with it. However, it’s not the trucks fault, it’s an amazing vehicle with tons of money and development time invested and some of the best in the industry were involved in the building and racing of it.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction
Last edited:

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Heres another one who overpaid for everything and is trying to get his money back.
All that money for a tremor package and he didnt even opt for the winch.

"2021 F250 6.7L Lariat Sport Tremor - Lots of extras!!"
2021 F250 6.7L Lariat Sport Tremor - Lots of extras!!

View attachment 229325
I'll see your Tremor and raise you a bone stock Lariat. LMAOOOO

Sites

Reaction
I really don't want to comb through the last 30 pages of posts, but has anyone thats been called out for posting an insane ad ever shown up to the thread to try and defend or justify it?

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Can I take door number 2 please?
Pro truck for $90K

I just bought a 2021 RAM 75th Anniversary Edition Power Wagon out the door price and added 35 BFGs, AMP power steps and ceramic window tint for under 80K.

And it's a more well equipped than the 2 fords. Electric locking diffs front and rear, electric disconnect front sway bars, 12K warn winch and factory bead lock rims, all standard issue, nothing extra to order or pay for.

Robin Hood

Reaction
Can I take door number 2 please?
Pro truck for $90K

I just bought a 2021 RAM 75th Anniversary Edition Power Wagon out the door price and added 35 BFGs, AMP power steps and ceramic window tint for under 80K.

And it's a more well equipped than the 2 fords. Electric locking diffs front and rear, electric disconnect front sway bars, 12K warn winch and factory bead lock rims, all standard issue, nothing extra to order or pay for.
BUT IT'S A DOGE:eek:, when you could've had a Ford for the same price!

Offspring

Reaction
It's fun to laugh at the ads but with this many trucks sitting and are undeliverable, why not test the waters with your nearly new truck? There are plenty of folks who are somewhat desperate right now and might be willing to bite.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
BUT IT'S A DOGE:eek:, when you could've had a Ford for the same price!
Nope. Tremor package cost more, doesnt have a front locker or sway bar disconnect and you have to pay extra to get the winch.
We won't even talk about the interior differences.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Offspring,
That's what I havent figured out. Ford has a ton of trucks sitting waiting on chips, yet Ram is delivering built trucks.
What about Chevy, Nissan or Toyota?
Got a few buddies who bought new Toyotas.
Did Ram and Toyota plan ahead and caught the others off guard?

Bro_Gill

Reaction

View attachment 229342

Now I have to know the deal with this. I know the complete history of this truck up until 3-4 years ago which from what I understand is when the original owners took it back from its “hiding spot”. Now maybe it’s moved on to a different owner and is now being sold by someone else. Hard to tell with it being consigned through Baja Brokers. I’m a little bit surprised that Baja Brokers would take this sake unless they had no idea of the history associated with it. However, it’s not the trucks fault, it’s an amazing vehicle with tons of money and development time invested and some of the best in the industry were involved in the building and racing of it.
IMO, this would be a great prerunner and if qualified for the class, a great heavy duty truck for Dakar type racing. Regardless of the past owners history, the truck runs fantastic and was dialed.

Robin Hood

Reaction
Nope. Tremor package cost more, doesnt have a front locker or sway bar disconnect and you have to pay extra to get the winch.
We won't even talk about the interior differences.

You would have to tell me more about the truck. Some things in life you just never pay any attention to. It appears it comes with a gas motor? I ran a quick price on an F250 Lariat, Ultimate package Tremor and it is only $62,000, so I could get it OTD for around $66,500. I'm sure it's probably missing a few things that yours has, but it's still a long ways from $80K. I certainally wouldn't pay close to $80K for a pickup truck with a Diesel motor.

Attachments

• Ford Tremor.jpg
    Ford Tremor.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Offspring

Reaction
Offspring,
That's what I havent figured out. Ford has a ton of trucks sitting waiting on chips, yet Ram is delivering built trucks.
Toyota is hurting for new inventory. Local one hasn't had a 4runner hit the floor in months, and the ones that do come in are going over msrp, tacoma and tundra are a little better. The model with the largest inventory is carollas. Toyota is selling used models for more than they were new, only hitch is you won't replace the one you sell back to them. Plenty of folks are cashing in on this shortage, like they always do. They're just vehicles and they'll be back. Honda, Dodge here also virtually no inventory. I'd hate to have any of my vehicles stolen or totaled right now.

BajaFand

Reaction
IMO, this would be a great prerunner and if qualified for the class, a great heavy duty truck for Dakar type racing. Regardless of the past owners history, the truck runs fantastic and was dialed.
I would agree. While it is very expensive to prep and keep up to race standards it could probably put a spanking on any of the leaf spring 1450 trucks, since the stock full class it was built for doesn’t really exist anymore. If the spare parts package comes with it it’s an incredible deal. There’s over $50k in the engine and drivetrain alone.

Sites

Reaction
Offspring,

For the SuperDutys, those are the 2021s Ford was building during the height of the chip shortage. They appear to have continued building at the same rate hoping that the chips would catch up. Now that they're building 2022's, that's what people are ordering, so why prioritize a bunch of previous model years that would mainly go into heavily discounted dealer stock over guaranteed new customer orders. The 2022 F550 I ordered fully optioned for about $40k less than both of those over-priced used F250s in the classifieds was built last week and is now in-transit to the dealer who has an ETA of 8/16.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
You would have to tell me more about the truck. Some things in life you just never pay any attention to. It appears it comes with a gas motor? I ran a quick price on an F250 Lariat, Ultimate package Tremor and it is only $62,000, so I could get it OTD for around $66,500. I'm sure it's probably missing a few things that yours has, but it's still a long ways from $80K. I certainally wouldn't pay close to $80K for a pickup truck with a Diesel motor.
Robinhood.
I ordered mine back in April. 2021 Ram 75th Annavisary edition Power Wagon. Paid $65K for the truck. OTD with tax, title, lisence and 8 year bumper to bumper warranty was $73K. Taxes alone were $6K. Tags were another $1K
There is a video on youtube that actually compares the 2. Only thing the Tremor won at was towing because of the diesel. PW. was the better off road truck, which is what I wanted, and is the truck all the other manufacturers are trying to beat. Have been for 75 years now. There are plenty of articles out there that state so.
As for my truck, I only ordered 2 options. 75th AE package and bed group. Bed group is spray in bed liner, led bed lights and rear step, like the AMP corner bed steps.
Truck comes stock with locking front and rear axles. Tremor only has rear locking. Electrical disconnect front sway bar. Tremor doesent have it. Warn zeon 12K winch built into the front bumper. Tremor it's an option. 2" factory lift with offroad orenited suspension. Tremor doesent have that.
75th package gave me full leather interior, heated&cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, Harmon Kardon 17 speaker sound system with 750W amp and sub., 12" u connect screen. Bead lock capabile rims.
The truck actually rides better than my Hyundai Genesis luxury sedan. Interior is nicer too.
Ram has the best truck interior of all the trucks.
I was looking at a Tremor, but found the PW was the better truck, so ordered on.

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Sites. Yea Ford built a lot of trucks without chips.
Ram I guess either had chips. or didnt need then. They did remove a couple of options due to the chip shortage, but were still building them. Lots of people on the Ram HD site who ordered one, including me. When I picked mine up in June. The dealer had several new trucks in inventory, so they were shipping them out.
But yea, the whole thing is crazy with how much used cars and trucks are going for.
Even the rental car bussiness is hurting. We just got back from Maui recently. Couldnt get a rental car as they were not available.