Fun with Classifieds!

43mod

RDC Crypto
Kid just sold his 17 mega cab back to dealer . 4 trip to shop for starter issues they replaced flex plate and starter . It s the bed at exactly two starts . They said not our problem you had corrosion on a batt terminal ! 6 weeks plus sitting in their shop before they finally fixed it . All trucks have issues, this one was straight BS

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Biggest problem today is finding a real mechanic to fix these things. Most are just button pushers. Hook up a scanner, push a button, walk away till it says its done.
Sometimes you have to watch the scope to see what's wrong. Computer wont catch it. ;)

cynicwanderer

RDC Crypto
Biggest problem today is finding a real mechanic to fix these things. Most are just button pushers. Hook up a scanner, push a button, walk away till it says its done.
Sometimes you have to watch the scope to see what's wrong. Computer wont catch it. ;)
auto mechanics love jobs that pay more book time than it actually takes them (especially if under warranty). if they can't diagnose it quickly or it's a PITA job, they don't want to deal with it and give it to the Jr. mechanic at the shop (or might just turn you away), who has even less experience and is more likely to screw it up. in general, if it's a known issue with the vehicle and expensive to fix right, they will stall actually fixing it (replacing unnecessary items to mask the real problem) until there is a lawsuit or recall. it's all about the bottom line in that business. if you find an honest competent mechanic, they'll likely be super busy and expensive.

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
The KC Ford truck line was shut down for over 2 months. Otherwise there would have been a lot more trucks sitting around without computers. The rail yard where they stage the frames is right across from my work. They seem to be back up to full speed now.

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
Add isnt showing for me, but I believe it's Kroeker's truck right? Wild price.

Yup, says he has 2.4m into it. With how many free parts he weaseled out of vendors, I find that very hard to believe. He was the king of racing on OPM.
Screenshot_20210804-202917_Chrome.jpg

tapeworm

RDC Crypto
I’ll never understand why someone would pull out a highly sought after, reliable diesel motor in a truck that’s increasing in value and put in a slow, pig of a gas motor instead… I own a vehicle with both of these motors in them and the diesel hands down waxes the gasser (although the diesel has a lot of upgrades) and the 6.0 is so slow I’m scared to drive it on the freeway.

MikeLeung

RDC Crypto

cjohnson

RDC Crypto
I’ll never understand why someone would pull out a highly sought after, reliable diesel motor in a truck that’s increasing in value and put in a slow, pig of a gas motor instead… I own a vehicle with both of these motors in them and the diesel hands down waxes the gasser (although the diesel has a lot of upgrades) and the 6.0 is so slow I’m scared to drive it on the freeway.
Maybe they prefer a truck that doesn't sound like a 1980's school bus? 🤣

cjohnson

RDC Crypto
Except that was never a 1980s school bus motor...
I said it sounds like one, not that it was one. It was a bus engine in the 90's. My brother had one of those trucks and when he would come to my house in the morning the neighbor kids would hear it and scurry out of their house thinking they were late for school🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

cynicwanderer

RDC Crypto
if you ever had a modern diesel take a crap on you, you'd understand the economics/allure of replacing it with a gasser vs. fixing/rebuilding/(bulletproofing some) the diesel.

Sites

RDC Crypto
if you ever had a modern diesel take a crap on you, you'd understand the economics/allure of replacing it with a gasser vs. fixing/rebuilding/(bulletproofing some) the diesel.
Except with the economics where the cost of the used vehicle and swapping/bulletproofing come near or exceed the cost of a new or newer used diesel that is still under warranty.

For a realworld comparison, here is a 2021/22 F250 Crew Cab w/ the 6.7 diesel option for $50k MSRP. Which means that with the right dealer, you could probably special order closer to an invoice pricing of $44-46k.

Seems like having a brand new truck with a 5 year powertrain warranty is worth the slightly higher cost..

Last edited:

Offspring

RDC Crypto
This was not a modern diesel. Now if we were talking about replacing a 6l disaster, I'd agree.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
What would the cost be to replace 3-4 of those LS motors after each crapped out at about 100k miles towing a big toy hauler versus a 7.3 diesel doing the same and being replaced at 500k miles?