RDC Crypto
tweekers paradise , Victorville for all your traveling& entertainment needs👌

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 0

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Yeah, butt have you ever have the experience at the Red Roof in Barstow????
Not there.

But funny story.
I was out at sea, working on a Navy ship.
I call the wife that night and first thing she ask is
"Where are you?"
I'm out at sea, why?
"ARE YOU SURE?!"
Yes
"You are SURE you are not at the Red Roof Inn in Conneicut? I just got a call from your credit card asking about a charge there for a room. I told them to decline it and cut off your card!"
No, I'm out at sea. I got a strange email about something like that but figured it was a scam and so didn't look into it.
"Well you better be out at sea!" "see you when you get home"

Winds up someone scammed my CC number when I got some gas one day. Hadn't used the card in over a year.

Advertising supports this site

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
RDC Crypto
A piece of history right here, hope it goes to a good home. The Kishyamas built some badass trucks back in the day.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
A piece of history right here, hope it goes to a good home. The Kishyamas built some badass trucks back in the day.

Got a lot of build pics from this truck in the race shop. The Kishiyama's and my uncle built their trucks in a similar fashion, swapping a lot of ideas and parts. Many times, you couldn't tell them apart from a single pic. easiest way was they always had Red cages, seats etc. and my Uncle had blue. The use of zinc plating needs to come back. Love gold parts. I'll have to dig some of those out.

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
It was never raced as a Rough Rider truck. A bit if a stretch.
Did you read the story? Not a stretch. It was bought by the Ford Rough Riders program for development and testing for a transmission. It was also a show truck that was brought to all the races for display. It was never raced under the Rough Riders program, only under previous ownership.

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
That's kind of the point. The Rough Riders was a race team,not a show team. Any of the vehicles RACED under the Rough Rider moniker means something. Like, they were ALL race winning vehicles, hence history of BEING race winning vehicles. This is akin to buying a vehicle, putting stickers on it that mimic a race winning vehicle, and calling the history of the actual race car part of the history of the fake. Not taking anything away from the Kishiyams since I know they built great stuff, but other than being a test mule for transmission R&D, calling this a Rough Rider vehicle is ridiculous. I believe it had wins as a Class 8 with the red and white paint when the Kishiyamas raced it. That should be what the truck is about, not a fancy copy job paint scheme.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
FORD bought the truck and did the paint job in their rough Rider colors. FORD used it as a test mule/show truck.

So tell me again how it's a fake Rough Riders truck?

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
FORD bought the truck and did the paint job in their rough Rider colors. FORD used it as a test mule/show truck.

So tell me again how it's a fake Rough Riders truck?
It is fake because no one raced it at Ford... lol this is like saying Larry Maddox Chevy/Ford isn't a General Tires piece of history. Larry never raced it, it was only used as a prerunner under Dave Shoppe and the Ford program. @Bro_Gill I understand what you are saying. but it was clear the showroom feature doesn't misrepresent what the truck actually is. Still a part of history.

DAVE_SHOPPE_JSTILGEBOUER-40-scaled.jpeg

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
BroGil, So all of the Indy Pace cars , Corvette's and Camaro's, that Chevy built to be used around Indy during the celebration events of the Indy 500 are fakes just because they did not actually pace the race? :rolleyes:

Klaus

Arquitecto de RDC
Solutions
RDC Crypto
It is fake because no one raced it at Ford... lol this is like saying Larry Maddox Chevy/Ford isn't a General Tires piece of history. Larry never raced it, it was only used as a prerunner under Dave Shoppe and the Ford program. @Bro_Gill I understand what you are saying. but it was clear the showroom feature doesn't misrepresent what the truck actually is. Still a part of history.

View attachment 247970
Its a rough crowd here on RDC and every little detail counts. Haven't you noticed? Jajaja Thats why offroad celebrities and sponsors only dare to lerk from a distance. Fear of getting ridiculed and exposed. Because... you know. words hurt.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
Larry Maddox truck was a prerunner. It was not one of Shoppe's race trucks. Huge difference. Piece of history? I don't think so. You guys should spend some time at real vintage races to get a feel for what is real and what doesn't matter.

tapeworm

RDC Crypto
I understand what BG is conveying here. This truck isn’t a rough riders truck, it’s a Kishiyama class 8. The story focused a lot on the fact the rough riders bought a state of the art class 8 truck (that they no longer had to compete against) and did a face lift, so that’s why it’s a rough riders truck and worth $70,000 asking price. The story should have been focused on the Kishyamas and their state of the art race truck that was so appealing ford bought it as a test mule for their class 8 program and that’s why it’s worth $70,000.

The truck isn’t historical because the rough riders owned it and tested transmissions in it, it’s historically significant because of the Kishyamas building it and the progression at the time of the build.

Saying it’s historically significant because it was a rough riders truck is like saying Roseanne is historically significant because Robby Gordon raced it. Roseanne was significant before Robby, just like this truck was before the Rough Riders owned it.

I think the current owner is stretching for straws to try to increase the chance of the sale, which I understand as a business decision, but from a historical purist of Off Road Racing I see why vintage historians and enthusiasts would be upset as history is being skewed for money in this case instead of integral truth.

dislocated1

RDC Crypto

I got a chuckle outta these two ads posted on the same day... it's like a missed connections on Craigslist