Future state of UTV Classes

ErickK

Reaction
Come On Reaction GIF

jon coleman

Reaction
performance wise, how bad Are the stock pivot points in general at this moment?, is there That big of an advantage in changing\tweeking pivot points& frame geometry in the utv lower classes?, what im saying if things Are moved around , isnt it noticeable to the naked eye?

E motorsports

Reaction
Ive used the "I didnt call you a bitch, I said you were being BITCHY"...it has never worked out for me lol.

I hear ya. I really havent made up my mind on anything and also dont think its my decision to make.

This village needs to sort out what we want to be when we grow up. :)

Here's my .02 again for the record.

Unlimited = Run what you brung, 35" tire max.

Pro Modified UTV = OEM pickup points and Factory Skins, aftermarket chassis ok
33" tire max, no portals

Pro Stock UTV = OEM Chassis, basically SCOREs Pro Stock, 33" tire max

For desert and short course, offer Pro Stock NA

The chassis rule in Mod allows pro race teams to build a sustainable chassis.

The tire size rule reduces runaway drivetrain costs while also allowing Tire Mfgs to invest in a race tire without having to worry that their molds will be made obsolete.
and nobody calls my bitch a bitch but me

D.Adams

Reaction
I am the builder of Kyle Chaney’s chassis, I have also ran KOH as a co d multiple times in the UTV class so I hope my input helps out somewhat.

Having UTV classes in my opinion isn’t the best idea because KOH is a bring all and try to win. It’s the hardest damn race out there besides the Baja 1000.

But if it makes the race and helps Ultra4 better I’m for it.

In my opinion there should really only be two classes and ran in two different days.

Pro Turbo: with current rules and tire limits ( 35’s and no tire balls ) also some adjustments to tubing parameters.

N/A: the na cars become trail plugs they don’t have the power to make a lot of the trails So I feel they need their own day and race.

If the N/A cars install a turbo bump them up to the turbo class it’s that simple.

If you want to build an all out tube car with $1,000,000 thrown at it Race the 4400 with the big guys.

When building Kyles chassis I follow Ultra4 rules to the T! We retain factory bulkheads and also factory suspension mounting points. We do replace floor tubes and boat side the chassis because they are multi race used and also boat sides help out 10x over.

I feel the last thing Ultra4 needs is to turn into BITD / SCORE because it’s a total cluster and things will get to complicated really complicated.

end rant

Dave if you need any help JT has my info or reach me through IG PhockerFabs

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
So forget about classes, what about some of the simpler stuff like safety, i.e. fuel cells vs stock tanks, secondary door latches, fueling gear, etc. It seems it'd be simple enough to standardize those requirements anyway. BOR has guys who have built their cars to KOH rules, those who've built to SNORE, and they have totally different understanding of what's required. For the record, if they've tagged legal in either org, we'll let them race with us. We're just the minor leagues, so we'll always cater to the big boy promoters. There's no sense in us making up our own rule book.

NIKAL

Reaction
Just looked at the Score UTV Pro Open class rules. Wow! They changed them big time for the rumored RZR Pro R UTV.

You must get Score’s Tech directors approval to race in this class. WTF? Anyone can enter in the TT class, but now you need Score’s approval to race in the Open UTV class???

New rules, state ANY 4 cyl engine with OPEN displacement is legal. Any turbos are allowed.

Shock qty, bumpstops, and secondary suspension is open.

35 inch tires are legal.

Everything is Open, but the only real UTV rules are you must run a UTV manufactured transmission, and it must resemble a UTV.

So a class 10 or class 1 car with a UTV grill and UTV transmission is legal!

How much was Score paid off to make these rules?

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Dumb.

1000cc limit should remain in place.

I bet Robby Gordon's new Speed UTV trans could hold up to ~600hp 2.5 subaru (flat 4) motor with a mindful driver.
Maybe run dual CVT belts/cluctches to split the load.

Load it up in a class 10 chassis and away you go!

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Somebody has to spill the beans... who is really pushing for these rules?

Where is the TMZ of offroad when we need them? IMO, this is getting ridiculous.

10 shot

Reaction
Not many true sxs classes left anymore lol is it a real sxs if it is a class 1 with a set of Polaris plastics on it?🤣

JerryB

Reaction
Not sure what the angle of some of the promoters are on the utv class right now, maybe I'm a little slow? I've got a bunch of theories but can't pin any one in particular down. The pro utv class has now become a "premier class" apparently, qualifying right next to TT, class 1 and spec TT.

Rules are going out the window causing the budget to race in the class to rise exponentially. Promoters (not all, i don't want to sound like I'm painting them with a broad brush) don't give a chit about what you have to say about the new direction of the class. I don't think I am in the minority here as multiple people here have expressed the same concerns.

And to think just a year or so ago we were still golf carts. Now that I'm a premier racer and didn't even know it im not sure what to do with all the volunteers that will be calling wanting to come help out and chicks that will be mobbing us at tech next race!