Future state of UTV Classes

NIKAL

Reaction
Besidse the fact that Score completely rewrote the Open UTV class rules.

I’m more shocked and confused that you must get the Score’s Tech or Race directors approval to race in this Open class.

Never has Score mandated in any class that you need Scores permission to be able to enter and race in any class. Just looked up the TT class rules again and nothing about needing Score approval to race a TT, but you will need Score’s approval to race in the Open UTV class. Why? Maybe the UTV truly is the premier class now and TT’s are not the top Country Clubber class now?

Is this Score’s way of controlling a design or person from competing against what we assume are rules to allow the new Polaris Pro R to race?

E.Hagle

Reaction
Besidse the fact that Score completely rewrote the Open UTV class rules.

I’m more shocked and confused that you must get the Score’s Tech or Race directors approval to race in this Open class.

Never has Score mandated in any class that you need Scores permission to be able to enter and race in any class. Just looked up the TT class rules again and nothing about needing Score approval to race a TT, but you will need Score’s approval to race in the Open UTV class. Why? Maybe the UTV truly is the premier class now and TT’s are not the top Country Clubber class now?

Is this Score’s way of controlling a design or person from competing against what we assume are rules to allow the new Polaris Pro R to race?
You sound worse than most females drunk and mad about their ex boyfriends. They are probably setting approval standards so people don’t enter their class 10 cars. Settle down and take the tinfoil off

cjohnson

Reaction
You sound worse than most females drunk and mad about their ex boyfriends. They are probably setting approval standards so people don’t enter their class 10 cars. Settle down and take the tinfoil off
If that is the case that would be the best argument for eliminating the open UTV class and combining it with class 10. In my opinion if the rules are so similar a tech director has to referee what's the point?

NIKAL

Reaction
Worse! Really? TT guys have been asking for some sort of licensing or skill level to be able to race in the premier class for years, and no series has ever done that. Now you need permission to race in a “UTV” class. You don’t find that odd?

And why not be able to enter a class 10 style car? As long as you are running a UTV manufactured transmission and you resemble a UTV brand (grill, front hood, maybe a rear side fender?) then you meet the rule requirements.

BTW the rules don’t even state you need to be 4 wheel drive. That makes it even easier to enter a class 10 style car.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Worse! Really? TT guys have been asking for some sort of licensing or skill level to be able to race in the premier class for years, and no series has ever done that. Now you need permission to race in a “UTV” class. You don’t find that odd?

And why not be able to enter a class 10 style car? As long as you are running a UTV manufactured transmission and you resemble a UTV brand (grill, front hood, maybe a rear side fender?) then you meet the rule requirements.

BTW the rules don’t even state you need to be 4 wheel drive. That makes it even easier to enter a class 10 style car.
I would assume the difference is in the fact that trophy truck is an unlimited class which does not require a sanctioning body to check whether or not they are running a truck body.

I have not read the rules myself but from what I have gathered they are leaving a lot of leeway and room for interpretation, hence the need to be given the go-ahead by the promoter.

I agree it is strange and I don't care to dwell on it or even give it another moment of thought because I am in a agreeance with you that it sounds ridiculous and it seems very transparent that the case here is a complete pander to Polaris. That being said, I'd pave the way for Polaris as well if I was said recipient of that large sum of cash. 1+1=2 and it always will my friends.

E.Hagle

Reaction
If that is the case that would be the best argument for eliminating the open UTV class and combining it with class 10. In my opinion if the rules are so similar a tech director has to referee what's the point?
I enjoy the CVT transmission in our Turbo S that we use as a prerunner. If the rubber band was more reliable and we could match the same power output that we get out of our 2.4 ecotec I'd prefer it all day long. I honestly don't understand why guys even begin with a UTV when building a car if they plan to run the open class, spend that money in class 10 and have some real fun.

jon coleman

Reaction
I enjoy the CVT transmission in our Turbo S that we use as a prerunner. If the rubber band was more reliable and we could match the same power output that we get out of our 2.4 ecotec I'd prefer it all day long. I honestly don't understand why guys even begin with a UTV when building a car if they plan to run the open class, spend that money in class 10 and have some real fun.
so it is the rubber band that makes it utv?, dosent honda have gears?( i remember readi g somewhere..

jon coleman

Reaction
is the rule stock trans, or " stock appearing", ie my stock appearing utv trans is ACTUALLY a $20000 factory unobtanium one off deal

cjohnson

Reaction
I hear you. I hate the rubber band too but what do you pay for class 10 transaxle prep? Ring & pinion?

E.Hagle

Reaction
I hear you. I hate the rubber band too but what do you pay for class 10 transaxle prep? Ring & pinion?
If you don't drive the car like two chimpanzee's on a mission to outer space you can make a R&P last two years. Every race we have a simple $800 prep on the trans. The Fortin 6 speed is nearly bulletproof.

Every other race you may need a CV Joint and a gear in the trans.

cjohnson

Reaction
chimpanzee's on a mission to outer space
I resemble that remark!

90S Laughing GIF

UTVMike24

Reaction
Exactly how I have it basically at Snore

It’s getting out of control with the classes and trying to put on events like we do Dave
#snoresxsclassrep

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
This is what I have gathered so far talking to racers, sponsors, OEMS, and other promoters.

Feedback?

Stock Production UTV
  • Homologated Chassis with at least 250 Cars produced in Make/Model Year
  • 1000 cc Max Motor Size limited to Homologated OEM Motors
  • Aftermarket Turbos NOT Allowed
    • Promoter decision to allow N/A Sub Category
  • Must use OEM ECM to control motor and transmission
  • CCV Clutch or Gear driven transmission
  • 80” Wide Max
  • 33” Tire Max unless OEM Factory Equipped
  • No Portals
  • Must use stock pan
  • Must use stock suspension pickup point
  • Reinforcing allowed
  • No bypasses unless OEM Factory Equipped
  • Must run FULL body
Pro Modified UTV
  • Homologated Chassis with at least 250 Cars produced in Make/Model Year
  • Aftermarket Turbos Allowed
  • Must use OEM ECM to control motor and transmission
  • CCV Clutch or Gear driven transmission
  • 80” Wide Max
  • 35” Tire Max unless OEM Factory Equipped
  • No Portals unless OEM Factory Equipped
  • Aftermarket Chassis Allowed
  • Must use stock suspension pickup points
  • Reinforcing allowed
  • Must run full plastics front and rear, side panels open
Pro Open UTV

Unlimited UTV
  • Unlimited Max Motor Size limited to Homologated OEM Motors

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
How long until the electric utv's arrive demanding their own class? Stock and Modified, of course.