Future state of UTV Classes

ltr450rider

RDC Crypto
This thread highlights every single thing that is wrong with our little hobby sport and why it is such a poop show when looking in from the outside.

3-5 year rulebook. Let people build their car and race it in a class that has stamina before the car they just spent loads of money on is obsolete in the class they built it for.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Yes the natural evolution of racing is bigger, more powerful, faster. But that evolution should be due to the driver himself (and his wallet) moving up to bigger faster classes, not due to redefining the classes themselves every couple of years. The whole reason we have classes in the first place is because not everybody can afford a trophy truck. Modifying the rules of a class is simply a way for a guy with a bigger wallet to try and gain an edge on the guy with the smaller wallet. The best racing on earth, no matter what class you're in, is when drivers in cars with similar performance and budget are duking it out for the win.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
i remember the 3- 5 years of mx revolution 1976-77- 1982-83, w0w, noooo Way a 76 tm 125 could touch the 83 cr 125, looks like same for sxs, soon the sxs tech. advances will top out to the market( remember full works mugen bikes???

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
  • download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 0

_rico_

RDC Crypto
391 posts, 29k views (so far). one clear winner -> RDC. bravo.

Yes I also conclude that this thread has been a total poop show from the beginning. The reality is no matter how loud anyone screams or what their opinion might be, ONLY the race promoters get to set the rules for their race or series. Whether you agree or disagree with their choices, your only real option is to race with them or to not. That's it. End of transmission.

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
The thread and this sport isn’t a poop show. The utv class is a poop show. Get in a class that the car will not be obselete in 1-2 years and enjoy developing your race team Without the class constantly changing. Get in a class that has clear rules that have been in place for several years. Racing is racing but what’s described and happening in the utv arms race sounds insane to me. Half these teams could be racing bad ass 6100 trucks or 10 cars with the money they spent. The sourapas are a perfect example of them recognizing utv classes are not worth the required investment so they’re back in 6100.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Well then, what's the problem?
There isn't one. We wanted to run the turbos that peeps could have dealership installed but were denied so we don't run any turbos now.

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
There isn't one. We wanted to run the turbos that peeps could have dealership installed but were denied so we don't run any turbos now.
Understood, so what was the other donkey talking about Honda getting a pass on something? I assumed he was talking about Turbos.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Understood, so what was the other donkey talking about Honda getting a pass on something? I assumed he was talking about Turbos.
Honda designed a turbo and had it produced by Jackson racing. It is a dealership sold upgrade item. Honda wanted to run the turbos so they could race in a fast class. The turbos are not technically "honda" because they bear the Jackson name so that request was denied. (Those will become the factory turbos at some point) The peanut galley made a big deal about this because everyone thought that Honda was gonna come in with zillions of dollars and buy wins/championships. The ridgeline and talon programs are true factory funded deals and there is a lot of contracts and corporate rules and whatnot. I'm just a crew guy but I know enough that when I read some of the things on here people say I feel it necessary to correct what I can. I do enjoy the rumors though...

Last edited:

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
Honda designed a turbo and had it produced by Jackson racing. It is a dealership sold upgrade item. Honda wanted to run the turbos so they could race in a fast class. The turbos are not technically "honda" because they bear the Jackson name so that request was denied. (Those will become the factory turbos at some point) The peanut galley made a big deal about this because everyone thought that Honda was gonna come in with zillions of dollars and buy wins/championships. The ridgeline and talon programs are true factory funded deals and there is a lot of contracts and corporate rules and whatnot. I'm just a crew guy but I know enough that when I read some of the things on here people say I feel it necessary to correct what I can. I do enjoy the rumors though...
If I remember correctly a raceco talon last year overalled the Utv classes at the 1000. I believe they were penalized for missing a vcp and lost that place

Steve_Sourapas

RDC Crypto
Website
stevesourapas.com
The thread and this sport isn’t a poop show. The utv class is a poop show. Get in a class that the car will not be obselete in 1-2 years and enjoy developing your race team Without the class constantly changing. Get in a class that has clear rules that have been in place for several years. Racing is racing but what’s described and happening in the utv arms race sounds insane to me. Half these teams could be racing bad ass 6100 trucks or 10 cars with the money they spent. The sourapas are a perfect example of them recognizing utv classes are not worth the required investment so they’re back in 6100.
That's not exactly true. We still plan to race our UTV and believe me it's way less money that any truck but not sure about a 10 car as I haven't raced one for years. Look at the times as the Pro Turbo UTV's are fast and aren't a poop show. We for sure had a learning curve the first year to make the UTV reliable but I think we are there now. When we sold our Mason AWD we knew we will build another truck and decided to build a Herbst 6100 which we felt fit our program the best. I think the boys have benefitted from racing a UTV as it's made the better all around drivers.

Last edited: