Future state of UTV Classes

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
7D91FF9D-3574-4BFF-A994-697ED71AC415.gif

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
So the Org that did it is the Martelli's (edited Mad Media)? Which according to most on this forum doesnt really matter? Because its 2 races that dont mean much in comparison to say winning any of the Baja races, the top BITD race or championship-ing either of those 2 Orgs.

Then to top it off, they don't currently race in the class? This is your bone to pick?

That is what is being compared to Polaris completely reinventing the rules and most likely lobbying the TOP race ORGs to change the rules that have been in place for quite a while?

Do I have this correct?

I would say this is probably the biggest apples to oranges comparison I have seen on RDC in quite a while.
Yea, its all old news and over with. I am pretty much the only guy associated with the Honda team that participates on this forum so I try and respond for them when it seems necessary. I am not the team spokesperson.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Sounds pretty simple to me.

Arent the Honda and the Yamaha NON-CVT?

Arent they currently allowed to race in the classes where they fit?

Has anybody EVER made an issue of the trans?
I can't speak on the Yamaha but The talons only race where they fit.

Nobody has made an issue of the trans, yet. Not officially but I have had dudes talk some smack on it at my trailer suggesting they would at some point make an issue out of it. I believe they talons would be grandfathered in though. But who knows.

We just wanna race and in daves rules we fit in the UTV class, turbo or not, belt ot not.

Thanks Dave.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
So the Org that did it is the Martelli's (edited Mad Media)? Which according to most on this forum doesnt really matter? Because its 2 races that dont mean much in comparison to say winning any of the Baja races, the top BITD race or championship-ing either of those 2 Orgs.

Then to top it off, they don't currently race in the class? This is your bone to pick?

That is what is being compared to Polaris completely reinventing the rules and most likely lobbying the TOP race ORGs to change the rules that have been in place for quite a while?

Do I have this correct?

I would say this is probably the biggest apples to oranges comparison I have seen on RDC in quite a while.

Seems to me the new Polaris should be racing in the unlimited class or whatever they are calling that class for now.

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
Seems to me the new Polaris should be racing in the unlimited class or whatever they are calling that class for now.

I am in agreement, it literally says open displacement and 4 cylinder max: Pro UTV Open – SCORE Race Info

Why should they be allowed in a different class in which they do not qualify when there is already a class for them in which they fit perfectly?

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
Sounds pretty simple to me.

Arent the Honda and the Yamaha NON-CVT?

Arent they currently allowed to race in the classes where they fit?

Has anybody EVER made an issue of the TRANS?
why yes, ive read a post or two in regards to trans on rDc

10 shot

RDC Crypto
After having to rebuild trans race after race in a 10 car why anyone would want a trans like that in a utv is beyond me. A cvt belt drive is your torque converter. It protects your gears in your fnr box. You blow a belt no biggie you put another one on. Always in the perfect gear when u hit the gas. A belt drive is your friend not your enemy. I love shifting my 10 car but it comes with a heavy price to pay as gears from albins are not cheap.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Some people's minds are still just stuck in 2008 when you had to use 4 belts to make it though a Baja 500. That's if the rest of the car didn't break first.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
I do not know how many ppl purchased the Yamaha yxz when it first came out and after riding with all there buddies with a cvt they wanted to sell it. There great little rally cars but a slow climb up loose dirt ect they are not the best adventure vehicle. Basically a little rally car.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
Separate of the CVT vs trans argument they are just an awful handling car in the desert. The extremely short rear trailing arm makes it buck like crazy. My uncle loved his... until he rode in my Canam

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Yup. I have the Yamaha. It's a piece of crap. But it's fast with the supercharger. I put a hitch on it and use it to haul my little box trailer. That's about all it's good for except maybe the dunes.