Future state of UTV Classes

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Not sure people are going to build a car you can only race in one race organization.

If thats in response to my post, I dont think you are understanding my perspective. I want people to race as often as possible in any race they want to.

But making a NA class is liking making a square wheel class.

Turns out round wheels are better, we should probably focus on round wheel racing.

10 shot

Reaction
I guess I don't understand you want a class for one race a year or your building a 5 or 6 round race series?

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
I guess I don't understand you want a class for one race a year or your building a 5 or 6 round race series?
I have a 4 series and 19 races. But this thread was about UTV racing in general.

I already acknowledged keeping the NA class. I just think its a bad idea. Why build around a class is destined to be obsolete.

It would be like suggesting a new spec class built around VW stuff.

NIKAL

Reaction
If thats in response to my post, I dont think you are understanding my perspective. I want people to race as often as possible in any race they want to.

But making a NA class is liking making a square wheel class.

Turns out round wheels are better, we should probably focus on round wheel racing.
Trophy Truck is better then Spec TT
Class 1 is better then class 10
Class 12 is better then 1600
Class 5 is better then 5/1600

So should we eliminate Spec TT, class 10, 1600 & 5/1600 because there is something better?

Dave I get your series you have lumped both Turbo/N/A into one group and it works for your races. But if we are looking to make a set of standard rules that all series follow, I don’t think one UTV class Is the right way to go.

And everything in the UTV class today will be obsolete in a few years as they evolve. But 5 manufactures are making new N/A cars today. So I would not say it’s obsolete until the manufactures quit making them or supporting them.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction

Twin Turbo TT is in the same class as N/A TT
Twin Turbo Class 1 is in the same class as N/A Class 1
Twin Turbo 1450 is in the same class as N/A 1450.

NOTE: ZERO other classes have a distinct Forced Induction v. Naturally Aspirated class seperation.

cjohnson

Reaction
Twin Turbo TT is in the same class as N/A TT
Twin Turbo Class 1 is in the same class as N/A Class 1
Twin Turbo 1450 is in the same class as N/A 1450.

NOTE: ZERO other classes have a distinct Forced Induction v. Naturally Aspirated class seperation.
Those are not production classes?

E.Hagle

Reaction

So should we eliminate Spec TT, class 10, 1600 & 5/1600 because there is something better?

Dave I get your series you have lumped both Turbo/N/A into one group and it works for your races. But if we are looking to make a set of standard rules that all series follow, I don’t think one UTV class Is the right way to go.

And everything in the UTV class today will be obsolete in a few years as they evolve. But 5 manufactures are making new N/A cars today. So I would not say it’s obsolete until the manufactures quit making them or supporting them.
The classes you listed are basically the same thing as Unlimited and Spec.

Let the production guys add turbos of equivalent level to a production car that comes from the factory equipped.

jon coleman

Reaction
what about a class for the soon to be utv ev😬?( dont hate.....)edit, everyone talked trash about utv then one blew by them through the whoooops

10 shot

Reaction
So 6100 is a n/a class should we make it open to turbos? N/A is for the guys not wanting to go to the premier turbo class not everyone wants to go faster or compete against the top guys . I think its pretty simple the way it is. If the manufacturer's stop making a n/a utv then ok I get it then.

Total Loss

Reaction
I say lose the turbos completely.
More manufacturers would get involved if the premier class was 1000 NA. (Honda and Kawi)
Stock long block and throttle body then anything else goes.
33' s and factory lower frame and suspension points. Within 2 inches of stock wheelbase.
Still be near 100 mph cars and fun...and competitive and large fields.

Maybe see some R1s again.

All you would need are 2 classes...open pro with above restrictions and a stock/sportsman class with typical stock class restrictions.

You could add an unlimited class as a clearing house for other na cars that do not fit..

Class 10 guys would be happier too..

My $.01...