On Topic fwd swap to class 1

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
Im very heavily debating using the transfer case to straight axle idea, primarily because it is going to hold up better (hopefully), it looks cool, and it should be the strongest. I have seen a number of ultra 4 guys doing similar designs with the mid engine, transmission going into the cab, so i think it should hold up, its just gonna require me to widen the chassis a bit, which isnt so bad, I have a massive welding table to set it on to make sure everything stays level.
As for free not being inexpensive, what am i supposed to do there, i have to save some money for my future, i can't just blow it on a racecar, as much as i might want to.

Advertising supports this site

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
Screenshot 2022-08-03 173339.png

Here is an example of what my plan is, found it on youtube and figured i could make it work with my design, it just is a smaller engine and transmission to work with

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
we want pictures,,, lotts & lottts of pictures of your build, , that ^ is Exactly what i was thinking, but its 'rear eng', not ' mid engine'

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
we want pictures,,, lotts & lottts of pictures of your build, , that ^ is Exactly what i was thinking, but its 'rear eng', not ' mid engine'
I would take more pictures, but all i have is a chassis barely tacked together (that is going to be changed majorly anyways), an engine i just got out last saturday and images of the front suspension in CAD, i'll upload the front end to see what you guys think. Its a little complicated, but it looks good, and thats what matters, right?

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
Screenshot 2022-08-03 175028.png
Screenshot 2022-08-03 175159.png

Screenshot 2022-08-03 175220.png

Here's my front end design, there's a few kinks i have to work out yet, but i think i'm close to my final version, it only took 3 complete redesigns.

JBuggy21

RDC Crypto
It seems like you are building something off the wall. So you have gotten all of us internet idiots opinions and suggestions.
So build it and post pictures so we can see what kind of The Science™ fiction crap your talking about. And so we can all tell you we told you so lol

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
It seems like you are building something off the wall. So you have gotten all of us internet idiots opinions and suggestions.
So build it and post pictures so we can see what kind of The The Science™™ fiction crap your talking about. And so we can all tell you we told you so lol
so far its really just gonna be a 2wd ultra 4, which is new, but not completely insane, as i am planning on upgrading to 4wd eventually, not now, too expensive, but eventually.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
i have to save some money for my future, i can't just blow it on a racecar

Aren’t fooling anyone with that kind of talk. Everyone here was your age.

Big dreams will lead to skills learned and most of the time lessons learned. Just about everyone on here knows where this ends. My advice is to spend money on the tools or go buy a UTV off the lot and have fun.

Unless your dad has tons of shop space and all of the tools already, along with scrap steel and parts then go for it.

This will take years and more money than you’ll ever originally imagine.

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
I get more confused as this goes along….

Please continue
Get in the way back machine mister Peabody.

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
Aren’t fooling anyone with that kind of talk. Everyone here was your age.

Big dreams will lead to skills learned and most of the time lessons learned. Just about everyone on here knows where this ends. My advice is to spend money on the tools or go buy a UTV off the lot and have fun.

Unless your dad has tons of shop space and all of the tools already, along with scrap steel and parts then go for it.

This will take years and more money than you’ll ever originally imagine.
My dad has more than enough shop space, and more than enough tools and steel, I really just started this project because I wanted to build something, it just rabbit holed into the coolest thing ive ever started building.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Get in the way back machine mister Peabody.

Yeah except Sundahl had upper a-arms.

These are the infamous A-beams. LOL!