• Forum membership has its advantages....

FYI Texas Racing

cusico

Will you still be open to having a Texas race on your Ranch Carl?

I hope so! Don't let one person ruin it.

And BTW, thank you, not many people are with to allow any form of racing on their property.

MX2ski

I do not know all that has happened, what has led up to all this. I do know that this is how the rest of the racing world looks at us. We again look like school kids fighting. We all say that we want to promote racing in Texas... well this is not good marketing. As for the letters and phone call to each other, JUST STOP, If you dont like the way someone treats, talk to you then dont talk to them. Dont deal with them. Both these organizations say they just want to race, well then shut up and just race. They dont have to deal with each other, but they dont have to destroy each oher either. Let the racers decide who they want to race with and go forward. All this fighting is a waste of time and energy, these forms should be about promoting racing not airing out our problems. This is only going to set back racing in TEXAS.

Texasnative

I do not know all that has happened, what has led up to all this. I do know that this is how the rest of the racing world looks at us. We again look like school kids fighting. We all say that we want to promote racing in Texas... well this is not good marketing. As for the letters and phone call to each other, JUST STOP, If you dont like the way someone treats, talk to you then dont talk to them. Dont deal with them. Both these organizations say they just want to race, well then shut up and just race. They dont have to deal with each other, but they dont have to destroy each oher either. Let the racers decide who they want to race with and go forward. All this fighting is a waste of time and energy, these forms should be about promoting racing not airing out our problems. This is only going to set back racing in TEXAS.
AMEN Rodney!

pride_in_motion

What I never understood, is why do you need two organizations running desert races in Texas with such a small group of racers to draw from? Its not like one is racing short course style and the other desert, that might make sense, but even that is pushing it at this time. I guess they are banking on the land rush in reverse from west to east. I know I am coming close to making that rush, heck I even have 10 acres to run to in Texas.

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
What I never understood, is why do you need two organizations running desert races in Texas with such a small group of racers to draw from? Its not like one is racing short course style and the other desert, that might make sense, but even that is pushing it at this time. I guess they are banking on the land rush in reverse from west to east. I know I am coming close to making that rush, heck I even have 10 acres to run to in Texas.
There used to be only one until disagreements caused a second a organization to form. The question is will 2 racing organizations survive?

There has been quite a bit of interest from the west coast on races in Texas.

Wild bill

There used to be only one until disagreements caused a second a organization to form. The question is will 2 racing organizations survive?

WInner winner chicken dinner...that explains why BRT came into existance....

4x4nutz

I think one organization wants to keep desert racing in Texas a more or less grass roots/small time venue with few or no spectators and limited to mostly Texans (easier to control with less liability), and the other wants to make desert racing in Texas big and attract racers from all over and give spectators more access. With everything that's going on with races on public land on the West Coast, I believe all roads lead to Texas. The question is, should we go big and make Texas a premier desert race destination, stay small and keep it local, or offer both types of venues?

Vtr_Racing

The question is, should we go big and make Texas a premier desert race destination, stay small and keep it local, or offer both types of venues?
All depends on the support for either.....You have good venues and alot of mileage I think thats a big plus for hardcore "desert" racers. Myself, I like LOTS of mileage but those are harder to put on and require alot of commitment.

rich1

I think one organization wants to keep desert racing in Texas a more or less grass roots/small time venue with few or no spectators and limited to mostly Texans (easier to control with less liability), and the other wants to make desert racing in Texas big and attract racers from all over and give spectators more access. With everything that's going on with races on public land on the West Coast, I believe all roads lead to Texas. The question is, should we go big and make Texas a premier desert race destination, stay small and keep it local, or offer both types of venues?
I think this is as close an interpretation as I have seen. I don't know any inside information (and don't really want to), but I think both Organizations want racing in Texas to grow. It seems to me that one wants to let racing grow at its own pace, and the other wants to try and help it grow ASAP. I think trying to accelerate the growth WILL make it happen faster, it will just cost more money to do it that way with bigger purses and media coverage etc.

I really like both John and Carl, and wish they could work this issue out. It won't help either org. to b*tch back and forth. I do believe racing in Texas will become a big deal, and draw many west coast racers who have less and less land to race on. Plus, it is always fun to race a new course that isn't beat to death (especially for the limited small wheeled vehicles). Hopefully both org's will do their own thing and put on great races, and stick around until the trickle of racers coming from out west adds up to a flood of race vehicles every race.
Best of luck to both organizations, I look forward to future racing with each of you.

JimmyD

I hope these issues can be worked out. I have been serioulsy interested in getting involved in Texas racing for the last year or so.

4x4nutz

I hope these issues can be worked out. I have been serioulsy interested in getting involved in Texas racing for the last year or so.
In reality, there are no issues. Desert racing in Texas is only going through growing pains. Even the big guys on the West Coast are looking at Texas as the new desert racing frontier.

aiiraciing

It's great to see so many guys from Texas posting on RDC regardless of the conversation.

One day I'll make it out to Tx for a race or 2, besides, I want to hit all In-n-Out's and this just gives me more reason's to head that way :)

John831

We would love to have you at one of our races! Check out our website at www.texasoff-road.com. We have a night race coming up in July and a 400 mile race in October. We have been racing in Texas for 4 years, its just taking some time to get going but we are definitely on our way!!! Hope to see you soon.

Faulk9

and the other wants to make desert racing in Texas big and attract racers from all over and give spectators more access.

My vote!!!!!!!!

More 9 cars...................hehehehe....we will rule the world..

Last edited:

turbotexas

and the other wants to make desert racing in Texas big and attract racers from all over and give spectators more access.

My vote!!!!!!!!

More 9 cars...................hehehehe....we will rule the world..
That was too funny!!!

turbotexas

Originally Posted by OffroadExit

WInner winner chicken dinner...that explains why BRT came into existance....
I don't think it started out as disagreements... just different opinions of who or what should race in Texas...
I am glad there are two groups racing in Texas... One has opened up the UTV/Pilot/desert lite class and had 10 racers at there first race!!!

Texasnative

Yep...come on out to one of the EDR races. EDR is the only organization in Texas that offers different race venues. It is always good to diversify and have multiple track options. Send me a PM so we can chat and I can give you the run down on Texas racing and what the tech requirements are to race EDR. In addition, we can talk about taking you out on a pre-run or even potentially co-drive in a race. No better way to get your feet wet.

John

steve0we

Any chance we can let this thread die, The first few pages arent helping promote Texas. If one of you guys wants to start another thread on Texas racing, that would be interesting. Im all for promoting Texas racing and self promotion of organizations but someone start a positive thread and let this one die :)

sfrick

Steve,

This thread should have never started. But when a Board Member of BRT starts a thread blasting John, it is going to be responded to. If Carl decided not to race in John’s races, all he had to do was not show up. If he wanted to let John know why he wasn’t showing up, he should have called John or sent him an email. His “Here we go, so get your popcorn!!!!” remark shows that he was just trying to cause trouble.

Having a Board member of BRT starting threads such as this hurts BRT’s reputation. Since your Board member started it, why don't you contact RD and have the thread shut down?