Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
In a sea of prerunners consisting of Ford Rangers, Toyota Tacomas, and even Ford Explorers, it is not often many who choose a Chevy S10 as a starting platform to build upon. But we aren’t talking about the S10; we are talking about Daniel Peterson’s 1992 Oldsmobile Bravada, the S10 Blazer’s cousin. This garage-built all-wheel drive V8 Oldsmobile Bravada prerunner is unsuspectingly incredible. From the torsion mid-travel kit upfront to the Mezzanine long travel kit in the rear, it drew inspiration from the factory S10 Baja efforts nearly three decades ago. It may not be the fanciest truck out there, but it sure is an unassuming great time to show up in the desert and surprise everyone because this is a ripper.

BRAVADA_PRERUNNER-8458-scaled.jpg

BRAVADA_PRERUNNER-8472-scaled.jpg

What is an Oldsmobile Bravada anyway...

Continue reading...

Advertising supports this site

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
I checked out the link to the OG Little Mac truck. It mentions "leaf spring with 2 anti-wrap bars", but the photo looks like a single link off the top of the diff. I'm curious: clearly this works, (based on the incredible results of Little Mac), but why isn't this design more popular on current leaf spring trucks? Specifically in the Raptor aftermarket, where there's endless mods available and owners looking to buy them. Legit fab shops are only selling the under the leaf design; nobody is going the other direction.

Attachments

• 20220424_073448.jpg
    20220424_073448.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220424_073407.jpg
    20220424_073407.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
I checked out the link to the OG Little Mac truck. It mentions "leaf spring with 2 anti-wrap bars", but the photo looks like a single link off the top of the diff. I'm curious: clearly this works, (based on the incredible results of Little Mac), but why isn't this design more popular on current leaf spring trucks? Specifically in the Raptor aftermarket, where there's endless mods available and owners looking to buy them. Legit fab shops are only selling the under the leaf design; nobody is going the other direction.
I think SDHQ is making antiwrap bars for their Tundras

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
I thought there would be a reference to this setup in the suspension shop page.... but there wasn't anything useful.