• Forum membership has its advantages....

GARBAGE

poolman

I went up to the white mountains here in Az. this last weekend.We hiked about a mile to this secluded lake to fish and I couldn't believe all the trash that was there.I was picking cans and bottles and people looked at me like I was some freak.It was so sad to see so much crap laying around.Take time to take a little extra back with you.Maybe other people will get the hint.

poolman

dezertchick

That was very cool of you to do that. If the people were looking at you like that, then they don't get it-huh?
Hope to see you and Junior at the clean up in Barstow in October again this year!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Right on Poolman!!!! It is very cool what you did. And to the idiots that stood there looking at you. I say we go dump all the garbage in their backyard. I get the same looks when I am picking up trash from the beach out in front of my place. I just don't get why people are such slobs?.......

Tony

Paige

That was cool of you Poolman, that is pretty sad when people are so selfish to leave their trash out for others to pick up. I hope that none of that trash ended up in the lake!

At least it's good to know that you and others are out there willing to pick up after others.

We are starting to gear up for this October's Desert Clean Up! - hope everyone can make it!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

poolman

I really started to notice all the garbage after last years clean up.I could not believe the trash that was collected in one day in Barstow last year.I'll be there.

poolman

KTM_rad

If only EVERYONE would leave places cleaner then when they arrived.......what a dream, eh ??!! I remember the motto for backpacking, which should apply to everything......if you pack it in, then pack it out !!

Randy
CORVA Field Rep - So. Cal.
(California Off Road Vehicle Association)
AMA Member

Steve_HKmtrsprts

What is sad is that we are actually giving props for someone picking up trash. Not bagging on poolman at all, what he did is awesome, but when people go camping and see the trash as just another part of the scenery, that is pathetic!!! So kudos to poolman and to everyone who picks up their trash, and hopefully someday there will be more people in the future who do the same.
How bout this one:
"Place the litter don't litter the place."

The difference between men and boys is the Speed of their Toys

Paige

seems so simple doesn't it?

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>