Gas Pro2

Viola1685

RDC Crypto
So after watching this weekend the gas rounds in Victorville and seeing only 6 pro 2 trucks on Saturday and 3 on Sunday got me wondering why isn’t GAS seeing good pro2 numbers.

The Midwest series had a great turnout every race for pro2. Is it due to the more iconic tracks like ERX, Bark River and Crandon or is that the schedule was posted somewhat late for gas for teams to decide which series to do? I know there are a decent amount of trucks just sitting but I’m trying to figure out why. I know we haven’t made it out because we just got our truck done and haven’t had time to test yet but I’m not the only one with a good truck sitting.

The coverage for GAS has been good, tracks have looked to be good. Plus they are getting good super buggy and prolite numbers but why is pro2 lagging?

Hoping to get a good brainstorm going here so we can get the pro2 numbers up in the west coast series.

RDC Crypto
I am thinking that the Pro2 numbers will look better at the final race in Glen Helen. This one may have been a little close to Crandon for some teams plus I think that the bigger teams may think of Victorville as a regional track. I talked to one Midwest racer that has wanted to race at Glen Helen for some time so hopefully others do also and will make the trip out. It would be nice if they could be tempted with something (tow money, payback etc.)

Victorville is a great track and would be super exciting to see a bunch of Pro2's race on it. The Pro Lites put on great races Saturday and Sunday. Sitting in the seat of a Pro Buggy felt like an exciting race (very fast pace). The track is fast.

GAS is very much working on making the series bigger for next year and made some announcements at the drivers meeting as well as looking for feedback.

Jacob D

RDC Crypto
I do wish to see a few Midwest guys make the trip to Glen Helen. I mean for how many west coaster’s came out this season, would be nice to see the Midwest return the favor. We owe them big time for coming out for the entire summer!
I would guess Anderson’s would be there as well

PDANK Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pdankoffroad.com
My guess would be that GAS doesn't have the marketability that champ does, to get sponsor backing for Pro2's. While champ is young, their tracks have proven attendance #'s and set sponsors that trickle down to racers. The schedule was set well to not create any conflicts between series, GAS did a great job there. A big blocker (aside from travel cost) for the midwest teams, is almost all of them work normal jobs, even Kincaid makes money outside of racing. I think if GAS can get a good sponsor package and decent payout for Pro2's next year, you'll see more teams show up. I know champ teams are disappointed in the payout.

If I were you, I'd register to race, and contact other drivers to see if they're interested. Sometimes racers are weird and won't commit unless they know other guys are. I'd assume that if no one else registers, GAS will give you some test time during the weekend.
See if GAS will put together a guaranteed purse for Pro2.
THe hardest way, but most effective if you can pull it off, find a sponsor/sponsors to put together a good payout for the class.