Gas problems

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Hey everyone...I saw a couple of days ago a post regarding the problems getting american gas across the border. The problem was generated by locals buying gas in the USA and getting it across for either profit or their own use. The rule says that if you get caught crossing gas illegally your car will be inpounded and you will have to pay a huge fine to get it back. This however does not apply for competition purposes. You should be able to get your racing gas across with no problems at all. You might want to speak with Sal about this however if you are planning to attend the SF 250. Again, there shouldn't be any problems at all, but the mexican goverment and officers are very unpredictable, so check with Sal to make sure that you will be able to cross your racing gas with no problems...

PS: Sorry for the ugly spelling...hehee...!!!

JCA

Reaction
I have had problems every year so far what makes this year any diffrent. I have always been told it is a tax issue and it got really hard when the gas co. in mexico started complaining so that everyone had to buy their gas.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
we've had the biggest problems re: crossing gas in the san yidro / tijuana and calexico / mexicali borders. We then started crossing through otay / otay mesa and haven't had a glitch since.
The only problem with that is that it's kinda like a maze through mexico to get on either of the makor highways.
Good luck to all the racers and look for us as we'll be in full force filming our upcoming film "Morning Fix".

See ya all there...

victor fabian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stuck-throttle.com>www.stuck-throttle.com</A>
CARCO RACING 5-1600

jimpat

Reaction
what would be the best way to get 50 gl of fuel to san felipe...give each chase truck five gls can or just keep it all in the 55gls drum?

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

mustafa

Reaction
Jim,
Bring lots of t-shirts and stickers. It always works for us.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

JCA

Reaction
We have never had a problem with a 5 gal can. I have never had enough trucks going to split the fuel into 5 gal per vehicle but a drum you will have problems with. 76, VP and F&L will be down there. Call before hand top order your gas. They will deliver it to contengency.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

El Chinero

Reaction
Roger that on the drums ... I go through the truck crossing east of Mexicali OFTEN with crap loaded all over, on, and in my Cherokee mule -- last time included two mounted BFGs -- also 2 "jerry" cans and two plastic jugs on one of those funky receiver platforms. They NEVER even stop me, let alone look at anything.

I'm not suggesting that the extra 7 mile jaunt to the east would be worth it but the Mexicali traffic that way is fast and easy.

Last Tuesday I NO wait to go north into the US.

Whatever ...

Tony T
El Chismoso

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
oh yeah, we used to stuff the 11gal. quickfills, full of course, in the driver/co-driver areas of the race car. They would never check in there. but they would (sometimes) go through our toolboxes and stuff.
Its just a matter of luck i guess.
whatever

victor fabian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stuck-throttle.com>www.stuck-throttle.com</A>
CARCO RACING 5-1600