Gears for a Bronco??

TOTTI

I have a Bronco with 5.0 and AOD trans..I have 4.88 for it..what do you think?..or should I go with the 4.56??..

let me now your opinion..

Thanks..

philofab

Powered by Optima
I have a Bronco with 5.0 and AOD trans..I have 4.88 for it..what do you think?..or should I go with the 4.56??..

let me now your opinion..

Thanks..
What size tires???? Kinda matters.

Brokenbronco

I ran 4:56's with 35's on my last bronco, and for the most part was happy with them. But i allways wanted to go to 4:88's.

TOTTI

I ran 4:56's with 35's on my last bronco, and for the most part was happy with them. But i allways wanted to go to 4:88's.
Ok thanks..I will stay with the 4.88, maybe I will put them in this weekend and lets see how it works..

Thanks again..

Brock_Beeson

what rearend? i have a 5.0 ranger with 35's. 4.56 is a great all around gear set and goes well at freeway speeds, but if the truck saw mostly dirt id go 4.88

Polarcub

I have 4.88s in my bronco and love the combo with 35's, if I spent more time on the street 4.56 is a good choice as it is a little friendlier on the freeway. With the 4.88s though you can cruise 70-75 staying under 3k on the tach. If I keep my foot out of it an knock it down to 65 the mileage goes up a bit.
I would keep the 4.88s you will appreciate the responsiveness in the dirt

Jeremy

jgbjgb

F150, 5.0, 5 sp manual, 33" tires, now running 4.10 gears.

Opinions on running 4.56 with 33" tires?

philofab