gears

BlueCoyote

Reaction
Superior, Precision, US Gear.
Genuwhine are el cheapo imports that will fail.

singlehanded

Reaction
Go to chrisman and get u.s. gears. they had the best prices at least when I was checking for mine.

tedmales

Reaction
i have always used precision, they have not failed on me yet

hoeker

Reaction
i don't know about desert racing but precision gear is a HUGE CORR supporter, that should be a good reason to at least take a closer look at their product and prices.

www.rosshoek.com

cleartoy

Reaction
I got 3 months out of my Genuines. My precisions on my last truck were good never a problem. Im on some Superiors at the moment.

billymanfroy

Reaction
I just exploded the carrier in my '94 1/2 ton suburban. It broke so bad (at 5 mph @ Hollister OHV with my race truck & trailer) that the axles slid right out! If it would have happened at speed I would have lost everything and probably killed somebody. I called Randy's ring and pinion, and they said it happens all the time and the stock 10 bolt carriers are junk.

I ordered OEM 4.10s, (was 3.42) and a true trac carrier and a rebuild kit for $630. Eaton carrier was a little more, but said the true trac was beefier and had smoother posi. He recommended the stock gears because they cool better and don't make any noise compared to aftermarket gears - plus the carrier is the weak link not the gears.

Don't know if I got screwed or not, but I'm clueless when it comes to late model chevys, and I need it fixed ASAP (Yerington's next weekend) so I went with it. Cheapest used or rebuilt stuff I found up here was $850!!! Lemme know if you're interested and I'll send you the guy's name & number I talked to yesterday.

Billy