Generals on street truck

JMS

Reaction
Lookin to put some new shoes on my Daily Driver/chase truck 2500 HD and wondering if anyone else runs the General race 37's on there DD's

Are they...

Loud?
How do they wear?
Do they flat spot like Projects do?
Tow ok?

Thanx

Zambo

Reaction
Lookin to put some new shoes on my Daily Driver/chase truck 2500 HD and wondering if anyone else runs the General race 37's on there DD's

Are they...

Loud?
How do they wear?
Do they flat spot like Projects do?
Tow ok?

Thanx
Well, besides the fact that its a race tire and obviously illegal :rolleyes: I can tell you from experience that

Loud?.....................Yes!
How do they wear?............about how you'd expect, quickly.
Do they flat spot like Projects do?..............Yes, again these tires are made of a soft compound.
Tow ok?...............haven't had any problems.

If your truck is a prerunner that spends most of its time in the dirt I'd say go for it. If your truck is a DD that goes offroad occasionally I'd say get an appropriate tire for that, definitely something street legal.

JMS

Reaction
Perfect, thanx, exactly what I was lookin for

I was tryin to support one of our sponsors, I am bummed that General doesnt make a DOT tire in our popular sizes? I am sure they are working on it.

BajaFand

Reaction
I will back up what Zambo has said times two! Horrible tires for the street. One thing Zambo left out and I'm sure he will agree with me, they are downright scary in the rain! We've almost lost it a couple of times just cruising around town. One time we were making the freeway transition from the 91w to the 71n in the rain and drifted the almost the entire transition only going about 45mph. When it's dry that transition can be taken at 80 easily.

Dreamcatcher

Reaction
Just my two cents. I have had mine on my 2500 CTD since Parker and yes loud, wear fast, havnt towed yet. But I disagree w BajaFand. My GT's handle equal to how my Wrangler MT's and only a little less than my Toyo's in both the rain and snow. Just my .02

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I will back up what Zambo has said times two! Horrible tires for the street. One thing Zambo left out and I'm sure he will agree with me, they are downright scary in the rain! We've almost lost it a couple of times just cruising around town. One time we were making the freeway transition from the 91w to the 71n in the rain and drifted the almost the entire transition only going about 45mph. When it's dry that transition can be taken at 80 easily.
Its the driver, I think he has issues with freeway on/off ramps.. Just a thought. :D