• Forum membership has its advantages....

Gettin these pop ups...

Klaus

Administrator
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We don't sell pop-ups since we don't believe in them. However some of our banners come from ad agencies and they may have pulled a fast one. It will be very hard to investigate this particular incident to determine where that advertising came from.

ad units may also be injected by your provider or device (iPad probably less likely).

We will look closer on our end who advertises with us and what their ad code does on our site.

Slippery P

For me they are more so re directs than pop ups, as the page just changes to candy crush, or recently Uber.

Mark Newhan

Just got a redirect. It locked up my iPad. I had to click on the OK tab. Here is a screenshot of my history. Nutty!

Attachments

Slippery P

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Got the same ones
image.jpg

Slippery P

Got redirected 3 times yesterday before I could even finish logging in.

Slippery P

image.jpg

Slippery P

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ron

Administrator
Mark, it looks to me like you have some malware on your computer. Malware will often redirect your system to advertising in order to make money from 3rd party advertisers. In this case, I'm willing to bet if you signed up for Uber, the malware guys would make a commission from your new account.

There are no advertisers on RDC that can do this type of advertising, nor would we let them. I'd suggest running a sweep of your computer and check for processes running in the background that should not be running.

Slippery P

Mark, it looks to me like you have some malware on your computer. Malware will often redirect your system to advertising in order to make money from 3rd party advertisers. In this case, I'm willing to bet if you signed up for Uber, the malware guys would make a commission from your new account.

There are no advertisers on RDC that can do this type of advertising, nor would we let them. I'd suggest running a sweep of your computer and check for processes running in the background that should not be running.
Does that apply to an I-phone as well? If so what can be done about it?
Please excuse if thats a retarded question as I am computer illiterate. I would throw this thing away if it were up to me.

Mark Newhan

I'm on an iPad...

Happened again a few minutes ago.

Slippery P

Yes it's in the site, only happens in the forum where there is advertising everywhere, does not occur in the classifieds. At times I too just log off and try back the next day.