Getting a truck I don't own into Mexico for Baja 1000

krza_

RDC Crypto
Looking for some help!

I'm racing with 319x for the peninsula run this year. I borrowed my uncles Dodge Ram to haul a couple pre-runners down there. From previous trips down, I know that the Mexican authorities are sticklers about vehicle registration matching driver's license.

Any work arounds for this, other than transferring my uncles truck to my name for a couple weeks?

Thanks!

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
I have never had the Mexican authorities check my driver license and rarely the registration for the vehicle that I am driving. Typically they only check what is in tow.

krza_

RDC Crypto
I have never had the Mexican authorities check my driver license and rarely the registration for the vehicle that I am driving. Typically they only check what is in tow.
Thanks for the reply! I talked to a few friends and they confirmed the authorities are more concerned about bikes/towed rigs. I thought I remembered having my vehicle scrutinized last couple years, but maybe I'm outta my mind.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Robin Hood has you covered. They only ask to see towed trailer registration and any vehicles on the trailer. They want to see that the VIN numbers match. Actually they don’t really check those they just pretend too, so the boss thinks they are working hard.

BajaTriumph

RDC Crypto
I drive my shops SUV that’s titled/registered to company. Highly recommend having a notorarized statement of authorization to drive vehicle in Mexico. If you ever had an accident, statement with Mexican insurance as you as driver will be advisable.

Baja Belk

RDC Crypto
Just print a letter authorizing you to drive the vehicle, signed by the registered owner, with a photocopy of their driver's license. That's what we do, never had a problem.

cynicwanderer

RDC Crypto
they usually only ask about drugs and/or pistols whenever I get stopped. never asked for registration or TIP. make sure you have MX insurance, in case of accident. if you drive a vehicle with lien, make sure you have letter of authorization from lienholder (bank), also, if you drive someones truck, make sure you are one of the allowed drivers on the insurance. all these things only come into play when you have an accident, since MX insurance might not pay if you don't have the proper paperwork and authorizations. of course, if you're a complete A-Hole when they stop you, they might just do a strip/cavity search and take apart your vehicle/impound it and put you in jail, if they find anything wrong.

Last edited:

Saweapje

RDC Crypto
Looking for some help!

I'm racing with 319x for the peninsula run this year. I borrowed my uncles Dodge Ram to haul a couple pre-runners down there. From previous trips down, I know that the Mexican authorities are sticklers about vehicle registration matching driver's license.

Any work arounds for this, other than transferring my uncles truck to my name for a couple weeks?

Thanks!
You be good... If you need any help I'll be from mile 50 to 500 email me and my son can do a couple pit stops for you gusurbina810@gmail.com

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
they usually only ask about drugs and/or pistols whenever I get stopped. never asked for registration or TIP. make sure you have MX insurance, in case of accident. if you drive a vehicle with lien, make sure you have letter of authorization from lienholder (bank), also, if you drive someones truck, make sure you are one of the allowed drivers on the insurance. all these things only come into play when you have an accident, since MX insurance might not pay if you don't have the proper paperwork and authorizations. of course, if you're a complete A-Hole when they stop you, they might just do a strip/cavity search and take apart your vehicle/impound it and put you in jail, if they find anything wrong.
Lol...last time down in April first thing the dude asked me was if I had any guns...guess we have the look.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto

Every time I go across we always present the truck registration, trailer, and towed race car/pre runner. Nice and neat so they have less questions to ask.