• Forum membership has its advantages....

Getting into Racing

kreature

Hi all, been plugging away at a possible 1450 project.
I invest nearly all my money into this trying to get into racing.
I took a step back and realize it may be best to try to get around a team to learn more.
I have a good background in Fabrication and Automotive mechanics. I have bought all sorts off fab tools,done as much research/reverse engineering i can to build my truck.
I want to race, ive raced anything ive ever been able to get my hands onto.
Instead of finding someone to get into this with im looking if anyone wants to "take me in" and show me somethings and help me get started. (not looking for financial support i make my own money)
-Alexander

(All pictures of my personal items, Everything is paid for no debt or loans)

scottm

I see you are a good American. You should have no trouble finding a team to help.

kreature

I see you are a good American. You should have no trouble finding a team to help.
I sure hope so, I was originally trying to find someone to help me, but quickly realized my friends are broke cheap asses. haha Also it was hard to find people who actually wanted to sit down and do math and engineering to figure out HOW to make suspension and cage components instead of just 'throw it together and see."

jackassracing89

I see you are in Minden. Awesome! Ive got in laws in Yerington, and know just about every road from MInden to Yerington and then some. I've been going to Yerington, Hawthorne, Lovelock and Fallon for over 30 years with Vorra. I'd say head out to Hawthorne this weekend for the Vorra race and meet up with the local race series. I'd also head up to Reno and see Samco Fab. Best in the biz, and they can show you a thing or two. Sam and Alex are good people and know there stuff.

kreature

samco ispart of the reason i got my head out of my ass hahah. honestly great guys there,i plan on buying my Dom/chrmo from them just becauyse of how great they treated me for "simple stuff"