• Forum membership has its advantages....

Getting no where with my my fabricator and need help !!!

Jay150

This is the reason the big shops charge more. It takes more than one guy to effectively run a shop. Staffing a shop costs. But that also means cars get turned out in a shorter period of time. Usually with better results and less bull.
Yup my first picks were Eversen Fab, Izzy Fab, GFO and EST. I knew what risks were and still took em. I guess I’m going to “man up and get on with my life” LMFaO! With all the up charges I would have been fine at any one of those other shops. I’m planning on building a center mount Chevy and a beamed bronco after this and already have 200k cash to start but need to clean up this mess first. I’m still waiting for my Duramax parts so that’s another $8,200 another headache I’m dealing with. I was quoted 6-8 weeks and now going on 15 weeks waiting on CST. Will make sure to take everything I learned here in this room and apply to my next build.

jon coleman

go to fab school, buy a chop saw& tooobing bender, a lincoln buzz box & build it yourself instead of watching tv, thats what i did, its easy( note, didnt go to school, learned through trial& error , numerous failed bounce test's)me, if i had 200k, i would simply buy 500+k worth of beeeeeautchen stuff on rDc classifieds, there is some killer go fast goodies listed, & if That dont do it, go to Leduc's swap meet and spend some cash there

Last edited:

Jay150

End of thread for me. You just confirmed it one of two ways. Your a troll or complete dumbass. Maybe both. Somebody start a poll.
Let me get this straight. I’m a troll cause I’m asking the forum members for advise and a dumbass for not putting not putting the builder on blast on your command. The one that is actually trolling and a dumbass is the one you see in the mirror every morning. GTFO here with that bullshit!

Jay150

go to fab school, buy a chop saw& tooobing bender, a lincoln buzz box & build it yourself instead of watching tv, thats what i did, its easy( note, didnt go to school, learned through trial& error , numerous failed bounce test's)me, if i had 200k, i would simply buy 500+k worth of beeeeeautchen stuff on rDc classifieds, there is some killer go fast goodies listed, & if That dont do it, go to Leduc's swap meet and spend some cash there
Thank you for the suggestion but Its not going to work or happen for me. I simply don’t have the time. I think I should just stay in the classified section after this is all said and done.

Josh 8

Ever see a pack of dogs running the streets. They look like there having so much fun. No yards to be stuck in. No leashes. Just looking for something to kill for fun. Or possibly eat. And don’t forget there nose is always sniffing for a bitch in heat. Well some times for some odd reason the pack will turn on the leader and start the tear him apart. I don’t know why. It could just for fun.

Well that’s rdc. A bunch of dogs running free in the rdc world thanks to klause.

I don’t think anyone is really meaning anything mean to you here. It’s just that the dog pack has now turned on you since you popped of with having hundreds of thousands to spend on off road toys. And btw, good for you. But that changes the complexion of your entire situation. Now we understand your just whiny d*tch that is bucks up and pissed your fabricator does now how to quote work right and it’s going to cost more. I wonder if you let this slip to him about having so much dough to blow? I bet he figured that out and there’s where your problem began. Just guessing. If his work is good then get over it and pay him some more and quite your pissing and moaning. He just wanting what other real shops need to get the job done.

Btw, the pack turned on you because you have admitted the first 30k was not you life savings as you said in the beginning. I don’t feel sorry for you any more. I bet you know the guy was way under priced at the time you gave him the 30k and you angled to take advantage of him??? Well. There you go. Figure it out.

And don’t post his name. Save the identity of the victim. It’s probably the most honorable thing you could do at this point.

Jay150

Ever see a pack of dogs running the streets. They look like there having so much fun. No yards to be stuck in. No leashes. Just looking for something to kill for fun. Or possibly eat. And don’t forget there nose is always sniffing for a bitch in heat. Well some times for some odd reason the pack will turn on the leader and start the tear him apart. I don’t know why. It could just for fun.

Well that’s rdc. A bunch of dogs running free in the rdc world thanks to klause.

I don’t think anyone is really meaning anything mean to you here. It’s just that the dog pack has now turned on you since you popped of with having hundreds of thousands to spend on off road toys. And btw, good for you. But that changes the complexion of your entire situation. Now we understand your just whiny d*tch that is bucks up and pissed your fabricator does now how to quote work right and it’s going to cost more. I wonder if you let this slip to him about having so much dough to blow? I bet he figured that out and there’s where your problem began. Just guessing. If his work is good then get over it and pay him some more and quite your pissing and moaning. He just wanting what other real shops need to get the job done.

Btw, the pack turned on you because you have admitted the first 30k was not you life savings as you said in the beginning. I don’t feel sorry for you any more. I bet you know the guy was way under priced at the time you gave him the 30k and you angled to take advantage of him??? Well. There you go. Figure it out.

And don’t post his name. Save the identity of the victim. It’s probably the most honorable thing you could do at this point.
Now that you explain it like that, it make total sense to me. Thank you for that. I used to be vendor and moderator many years ago on a forum so understand your analogy. I can see your guys frustration but it’s not helping me right now lol. Your thoughts about the builder is pretty on point of what I think. Really hard to say if the work is good or bad at this point. All I know I was quoted 30k for materials, parts and labor. Now we are 10k on top of that. So “yes” if the work is good and there are some minor financial setbacks, I would be a whiny beeeotch that just needs to stfu and not waste form space. The pricing wasn’t that much cheaper then other reputable shops but maybe you can look at my invoice and be the judge of that

now that I see why the pack has turned on me and totally not mad at that. I’d say and feel the same way you guys do. Let me clarify. That 30k was my life savings and worked really hard for it. The 200k is my investors money put together. I own a euro exotic service business where we modify all type of vehicle expect off road. As extravagant as it might sound. I don’t make a lot on that nor trying to flex my gunS. Even though I like what I do, it’s not what I love. My thoughts are that my customers would have way more fun in a 150k or less off road build rather then 250k-500k track/super car. needless to say, my investors trust me and my vision. I hope cleared up any confusion regarding my financial standings. If not I’m not going to try and change your mind. Thank you for your input

jon coleman

pac of dogs are fun when they are next door ankle biters, tru story, old lady had like 4 of them 2 mutts and 2 some kinda chiuaua hybrids, they skweek and chirp ( didnt bark)all darn day& night, when i would walk by fence they go ape sheet, so i would pester& rile em up to the point they would start tearing into eachother really good, funny as sheeet, feel bad now about it...
not

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Am I using an angle to take advantage? Is pricing cheap, moderate or expensive? All I see is words, some parts I know and numbers. Am I just a whiny B? I really wanna know now lmfao .......
My eyes aren't what they used to be but those prices don't seem that far off to me, Jay.

Are you saying you put in another $10K above that, and are mainly dissatisfied with the fabricator's taking longer than you thought you had agreed upon?

Jay150

pac of dogs are fun when they are next door ankle biters, tru story, old lady had like 4 of them 2 mutts and 2 some kinda chiuaua hybrids, they skweek and chirp ( didnt bark)all darn day& night, when i would walk by fence they go ape sheet, so i would pester& rile em up to the point they would start tearing into eachother really good, funny as sheeet, feel bad now about it...
not
lol I‘

one more thing,;) im gladd 150 u realize off road motorsport is Way more 'exotic' then pavement pounding
once you go dirt, it’s really hard to go back to pavement. Now that I’m getting older “with age comes a cage” makes so much sense now

Jay150

My eyes aren't what they used to be but those prices don't seem that far off to me, Jay.

Are you saying you put in another $10K above that, and are mainly dissatisfied with the fabricator's taking longer than you thought you had agreed upon?
yes about 10k give or take. I’m dissatisfied with the costly mistakes in parts, timing of 8+ months instead of 4, not doing some of the things promised. If he would have told me it would have taken 8+ months I’d be okay. I’m a super easy going guy. For a business I think the ETAs should be more accurate

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Key word "should." I agree. Like, you've admitted, you should have put no more than 50% down and included a timeliness clause in the contract, with a known percentage to be deducted from the total for every day in delay.

So, where does that leave you?

You have two choices as I see it: either continue with this shop, or cut your losses, pull the project and get in line at another fabricator's shop.

The top shops will have the longest lines.

Examine your choice while keeping the "sunk cost fallacy" and its pitfalls in mind.

Best wishes, no matter your choice.

Jay150

Agreed and no argument there. Time is mentioned in the contract and what would happen if we surpassed that time line. Honestly not sticking the fabricator to the $2,000 refund. I just want what we agreed on as far as the parts, material and workmanship.

I do understand that I only have 2 choices left and the thinking the same as your suggestion. For now I’m going to run with what I have going on and stay off the forum for a bit. If I don't get any where by the end of the year. I will be pulling my truck out and you will all know where my truck was. Thank you for your input, I greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

Bro_Gill

Here's the deal- the forum is NAMED 'Look Out' for a reason. How is anyone suppose to look out if they don't know who to look out for? At this point, the only thing we know is that YOU have a secret you don't want to share after spouting off here, so you are a douche canoe. The point of this forum is to warn other potential buddy offroaders to prevent them from suffering the same fate as YOU! And you aren't doing that. So you're getting called out on it. Don't be a douche canoe.

Jay150

Here's the deal- the forum is NAMED 'Look Out' for a reason. How is anyone suppose to look out if they don't know who to look out for? At this point, the only thing we know is that YOU have a secret you don't want to share after spouting off here, so you are a douche canoe. The point of this forum is to warn other potential buddy offroaders to prevent them from suffering the same fate as YOU! And you aren't doing that. So you're getting called out on it. Don't be a douche canoe.
Totally understandable and no I don’t want to be a douche canoe. For the record i know I’m not a douche canoe lol. When I made my first post, there was no question that I was getting fisted, Super F’ed! Since then, about the beginning of last month, I started receiving some updates and it appeared that the fabricator was trying to do the right thing. Which I have mentioned in my previous post. I’m not sure if the cage is completed but it looks like it almost there. I think a cage taking 8 months is just ridiculous but that’s just my opinion. I was quoted 4 months for everything but its been double that. I guess it’s safe to say I’m getting screwed over but not 100% sure. Based on what you are all saying, I am guess. With that being said my project is 50% done in my eyes as of last week. At this point I know I’m making some progress with the builder even though it’s not much and not exactly what we agreed on. It’s a hard judgment call for me considering what I’m going through with the builder, the status of my build and what all of you are saying. I’ve been 100% transparent with everyone with nothing to gain from spouting off. I just don’t want to prematurely say I’ve been totally screwed over, because that would be a lie cause he did some what finish the cage recently. The main reason I have posted on here is to document my experience, get feedback and post the end result. Believe me when I tell you that the people that endorse him on IG should be the ones putting him on blast, That’s how I found him In the first place. Between the guy I follow, who’s rig is in there as we speak with 44.6k followers and the group 83k followers. Who the hell is going to listen to what I have to say. Hell half of you already turned on me with out reading all my posts lmfao!

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Leonard Maltin originally panned the original "Blade Runner."

Word of mouth more reliable than "paid" broadcasters or IG stars.

You ought to vy for equity, not popularity, IMHO.

Jay150

Leonard Maltin originally panned the original "Blade Runner."

Word of mouth more reliable than "paid" broadcasters or IG stars.

You ought to vy for equity, not popularity, IMHO.
true story ........ with all the horror stories I’ve been hearing, I was foolish to compare off road builder to on road builders like myself