• Forum membership has its advantages....

Getting no where with my my fabricator and need help !!!

Bro_Gill

lol and that’s why I feel bad for everyone that’s in your life and has to deal with you on a daily basis. Now it makes perfect sense why your so miserable. Get over yourself LMFAO!
This is why you still don't get it. I am not miserable, I just want to know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE who the loser fabricators are in this sport so I don't end up like you. But you don't seem to care about me or anyone else. Just yourself. Thanks for looking out for yourself. Hope you didn't see any new projects in the garage of the shop your stuff is rotting away in. Hopefully the next fab shop you go to will come highly recommended from others who cared enough to tell you the place was good to go.

jon coleman

yuk, lawyers& police, i avoid at All cost's, this fab guy should bite the bullet and just get out of this cluster f k

Jay150

It really is that simple. He does not own the vehicle, go pick it up whenever you want..?
C53A5399-C0EA-4C8A-8469-C8CCDED139D0.jpeg

he’s not threatened that if I bring law enforcement. He saying that it’s all the way in the back of his shop so there is nothing that can be done. He’s done this to another person a couple months ago racing 1450 class. Taking him to court or my request for my property doesn’t bother him. I wish it were that easy. I would have picked my truck, parts and deal with the financial part later. He’s trying to finish the truck with what he can afford, not what I paid and agreed for. I let him know about this thread a couple days ago and hope he chimes in.

Last edited:

CMA GUMBY

Proof of ownership and Police should be enough. Even Hesperia Sheriff's should be able to help...

Would his refusal to release the vehicle constitute "unauthorized possession of a (titled) motor vehicle" under Cali law?

Is the truck financed? If not, can you stand a ding on your credit? Maybe you could get a short term title loan and renege on payback, and let the repo guys get it? Then you could satisfy the loan, plus penalties, clear the title, and take possession yourself.

We know you can't practice "self-help" when legal remedies are available, even if your brother-in-law is the prez of the Berdoo Chapter of the Hell's Angels.

As always, we are not lawyers, and you should consult with one before taking action.

Good luck, Jay! Now start a new thread calling your fabricator out in the Subject line as well as the the post body to save others, who are unlikely to wade through 7 pages of posts to learn who it is.

Jay150

Proof of ownership and Police should be enough. Even Hesperia Sheriff's should be able to help...
I’m working on it, just need a flat bed and a wench of some sort. I have a few people willing to help move things around but I know for sure Eric won’t let us on his property after what happened with Justin #1417 a few months ago. He was in a similar bind and needed his truck for his upcoming race. Just talked to him last night and said that he is in second place for the championships as we speak and would have lost so many points if he didn’t get his truck back. That truck was pretty much outside so it wasn’t hard to get out. To make things worse Eric hit him with another 1k even though they had to cut all his work off. He should be chiming in this thread soon

Jay150

Would his refusal to release the vehicle constitute "unauthorized possession of a (titled) motor vehicle" under Cali law?

Is the truck financed? If not, can you stand a ding on your credit? Maybe you could get a short term title loan and renege on payback, and let the repo guys get it? Then you could satisfy the loan, plus penalties, clear the title, and take possession yourself.

We know you can't practice "self-help" when legal remedies are available, even if your brother-in-law is the prez of the Berdoo Chapter of the Hell's Angels.

As always, we are not lawyers, and you should consult with one before taking action.

Good luck, Jay! Now start a new thread calling your fabricator out in the Subject line as well as the the post body to save others, who are unlikely to wade through 7 pages of posts to learn who it is.
i would think so but Eric has done this to so many people, he’s apparently knows how this is going to go down with his last text message to me. I am now blocked from sending him text and phone calls. The only thing I can do is have Hesperia police go with me and start a paper trail.

truck is paid in full, if it was I’d be totally screwed. I know this cause he doesn’t own anything other then his truck. Being found guilty is one thing but getting a person with no legal job and no assets to pay is a whole different thing.

lol regarding the Hells Angels comment. I acquired some help from my friend that runs a huge IG account with 131k follower last night. Did some catching up and he heard about my story through the grape vine with out mentioning that I what I was going through or that I needed help. I can say that everyone on race dezert knows or has heard of him. Pretty soon, which will most likey when this is all over will be posted on Instagram. I hate negative publicity or being apart of drama but I refuse to let this go. I will do what ever I can to ensure no one goes through what I have been through with MMW. I might not even have to bring my lawyer in to this and use his as a bonus card if needed after this.

as much as I want to start a new thread, I think it’s better to keep it on one page. If people don’t want to read the whole story that can just click the last page for the most recent updates. Is there a way just to change the title on my thread? Again thanks for your input in my thread and I’m starting to build steam and want to keep it going.

Jay150

This is why you still don't get it. I am not miserable, I just want to know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE who the loser fabricators are in this sport so I don't end up like you. But you don't seem to care about me or anyone else. Just yourself. Thanks for looking out for yourself. Hope you didn't see any new projects in the garage of the shop your stuff is rotting away in. Hopefully the next fab shop you go to will come highly recommended from others who cared enough to tell you the place was good to go.
Now was so hard? Maybe if you weren’t such a jerk in the beginning, middle and the end, we could have come to this conclusion sooner. I totally agree with you and why I have come forward now with the “Who” to match up with the “How”. Just cause you say “jump” doesn’t mean I have to. To say that I dont care about anyone else and wouldn’t mind that other people getting screwed by MMW is simply untrue Statement but at the same time respect your thoughts. I believe that people deserve a chance at making things right and in this industry isn’t a cut and dry. Maybe you guys could see that it was going to end this way but I still had faith in Eric at MMW.Now that the cats out of the bag, I hope we both can move forward and expose this POS so people considering taking work to reconsider.

for the record. No new prospects in his shop and has too many unfinished project and lack of space. Found this out through a reliable source so rest easy my friend.

Jay150

I noticed a typo that I can’t change on page 1. I’d like to clarify that the added cost for the door bars and seat mounts wasn’t an added “$2,800” is was quoted “$1,800”. Update on that is that my partner talked to him and Eric included the seat mounts and door bars at no additional cost

Jay150

You should contact the Bureau of Auto Repair they might be able to help.
I already have contacted BAR and have been appointed a case worker, just waiting to see what my damages are before I make my claim. My attorney is just waiting on the return of my property so we can see what the total loss/damages are to proceed in court. Hesperia police department will be there when I pick it up December 7th since I will be getting it back in pieces and not in one piece As I gave it to him. The front suspension mounts have been cut off so I’m going to need to buy a used a axel and strap it to the frame to get it off his property and have a whole list of other problems and issues. A friend of mine that everyone on here knows or has heard of will be making MMW Racing famous in the way he didn’t think of in front of 134k people in the off road community.

baja_racer

Fascinating read, I will never those 10 minutes back

Bear Grass

This sounds like the guy who took me for about 15K. He lived in Casa Grande before moving to Tucson a few years ago. He filed bankruptcy but did not attach my stuff. He said he still had my Blitzcreig hubs and Howe Truggy steering box but I didn't believe him, I figured they were long gone. I found out I was only one of several people he recently scammed.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
I just read this entire post

My diagnosis....chrome moly dust poisoning

Every fabricator has it to some degree from being slow, really slow, hasen' t touched it in months, used for a bench, getting buried with junk, things start missing, nobody answers the phone, never at the shop, everyone gets pizzed of, haul off what's left.

Sorry about the situation I've seen & heard it way to many times.

jon coleman

nothing worse than a bitter racer/ offroader chew off your ear with his ' unique' fab nightmare story, i wish ' look out' was around for everyone back before sm...motorsport shops are word of mouth, good& bad, do your research& homework, you want it on time and top notch?, $$$pend $$$

Fifty

This!!!

Sadly, some of us look at what we could do personally and how safe it would be... let alone how effective it would be...
And realize it’s best to save the extra money and have a shop do it.

then... i think some vin numbers are cursed... like mine...