Getting no where with my my fabricator and need help !!!

Jay150

Reaction
I’m getting my truck back this week. Make my final post and be able to put this behind all of us LMFAO! I’m hoping it would be all done but was told “As complete as we can have it by then. “

so TBC and stay tuned in for pics.......

Last edited:

Jay150

Reaction
And thus, golf carts?
Going through the thread now that this is all
about to be over and how funny that I ended up buying a golf cart! Let me tell you that’s a whole pile of another poop and had no idea about. Just LT’ed our cart for camping at full hook ups at the beach during the summers and local camping during the winter. Now I want to upgrade to lithium but can’t commit to $1,800.

Attachments

jeff

Reaction
Going through the thread now that this is all
about to be over and how funny that I ended up buying a golf cart! Let me tell you that’s a whole pile of another poop and had no idea about. Just LT’ed our cart for camping at full hook ups at the beach during the summers and local camping during the winter. Now I want to upgrade to lithium but can’t commit to $1,800.
Is that TXT a Series, DCS, PDS, or TXT48? If it's a Series... UPGRADE THE BRAKES!

Aloha

Jay150

Reaction
Is that TXT a Series, DCS, PDS, or TXT48? If it's a Series... UPGRADE THE BRAKES!

Aloha
yes it’s a 36V TXT, I just use it for full hookup camping in the summers. Not going to be keeping it long. I want a 2015+ 48v that charges itself when your not on the gas and the other things I don’t really need. I do agree the breaks suck lmfao, especially with the bigger lift, wheels and tires.

Jay150

Reaction
Lol. I’m starting to consider a sxs for next year.
Same...... Lost too much desert family time the last 2 years. Should keep us busy while we are trying to clean up this mess and start another project. Hopefully I’ll have my dream truck built within 10 years when I’m 50. 😔

Last edited:

Jay150

Reaction
So did you get your truck back? Any pics of the work.
No not yet. Got pushed behind another build. The original plan was for me to pick it up my rig at the beginning of this month and that I was going to get reimbursed what work wasn’t done. On the day of pick up, we had talked and we are both unhappy of the outcome of this situation, especially for me since it wasn’t even a roller. I had told him that the ball was in their court. I prefer to get what I paid for but would take the truck as is and take the partial refund. I’ve been waiting on a response for 16 days now for a response and not hopeful. it’s really starting to settle in that I’m out of 50k+ until I actually get it back and figure out what is what. I’m so over this bullcrap...........

Last edited:

Tube ride

Reaction
My truck just went in for some major surgery..... hoping for a good outcome throw a bunch of money at it and get out of his hair and hope for the best. I know you can’t babysit them and can’t let them think you will ever sacrifice quality for quickness it’s a test in patience but having complete trust in the fabricator is key and thats what s invaluable when you find them

Jay150

Reaction
My truck just went in for some major surgery..... hoping for a good outcome throw a bunch of money at it and get out of his hair and hope for the best. I know you can’t babysit them and can’t let them think you will ever sacrifice quality for quickness it’s a test in patience but having complete trust in the fabricator is key and thats what s invaluable when you find them
Same position I was in March 2019 but lost all hope going in to the new year. To sum it up, he’s pretty much a corrupt politician with fake promises. I agree that you shouldn’t babysit or bite the hand that’s fabricating for you but there has to be a line some where. I was originally quoted 4 months and still don’t have a actual eta. I have lost complete trust in this builder until proven other wise. I wish you the best outcome and looking forward to seeing the updates on your build

Jay150

Reaction
So longer than a year ago you started this thread and where are you now?
Im actually embarrassed that I’m in the exact same spot as before. The only difference is the amount of excuses and delays. I gave him an additional 10k in parts which wasn’t apart of the original agreement, still no progress has been made. I’ve exhausted all my legal avenues and options. I have seen some update pics and not happy to say the least. I was hoping that I was going to post that we worked out the issues, happy with the workmanship and could recommend him but yeah that’s negative.

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Why would you even think about recommending someone after more than a year of BS and not getting anywhere, even if the work was good? I still don't think you get what this 'Look Out' section is suppose to be about. The point is to let other people know NOT to go to this shop.

Jay150

Reaction
Why would you even think about recommending someone after more than a year of BS and not getting anywhere, even if the work was good? I still don't think you get what this 'Look Out' section is suppose to be about. The point is to let other people know NOT to go to this shop.
After re-reading what I wrote it’s easy to see how you took it the wrong way. While writing my last post was thinking about how I had wished it would have gone down not what I’d do after I got the truck back. I should have clarified but was in a rush to get back on the road. I would never want someone to go through what I have been dragged through regardless of friend or foe. I’m pretty sure people get the gist of what’s going on and can decide for themselves. Hopefully I will be able to make my final post soon cause I’m as sick of this thread as much as you are.

“could recommend him but yeah that’s negative”
- Jay150