Getting no where with my my fabricator and need help !!!

Jay150

Reaction
damn.... is he on schedule still?

No but my slowly chipping away. Not happy but at least my loss is at a minimum at this point. The fact that I can make a baby faster then he can do a front end and cage is pretty damn sad. We are going on a year next month and should be done by then. How’s everything going with your build?

Jay150

Reaction
Well I just talked to his shop hand tonight which is someone I’ve known for along time and a good dude. So the reason nothing has been done since my last update is cause there are various parts missing in order for Eric to finish the front clip. I have some parts and ordering other from kartek. I’m told once they have all the parts tomorrow it will be finished in about a month. Not the greatest news but at least no more parts needed and we will be squared up with the bill at $600. When I get it back I still have to take it some where else to have all the fab work coated/steelit and have the interior dyno matted. Here’s a list of of the remaining parts

- Jamar dual brake reservoir
- Jamar 7/8 master cylinder
- Jamar 1” master cylinder
- Wilwood 6 piston calipers
- Hawk 6” pads set of 4
- SVC intercooler
- Raptor factory grill
- S&B dry cold air

Jay150

Reaction
All fabricators i called are not answering , answer machine says, due to c19, your stuff is on back burner....

Pretty much all businesses are going through hard times right now. I have been out in the back burner due to missing parts but that should all be sorted out tomorrow.

Jay150

Reaction
Redirecting A/C and heat lines is an additional cost which I don’t have a problem with. Trying to figure out why I took my builder 2+ months to figure out with no leads, took me 20 minutes on the internet to figure out a solution with no experience. Flat out this guy does not give a flying F and thinks I’m dumb as F. Now that I spent 30k in cash,10k+in parts, 50k+ including truck in total. “Don’t throw good money at bad money” what was told to me in this thread is true! I tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt yet again full of bull crap and produces nothing but excuses!

Was offered to part out my truck and trade for a full 1450 pro tube rolling chassis but it would require me to part out my truck and sign over the title in order to fund new agreement. I declined and will to take truck “as is” to have another shop correct and finish the project. he’s full of excuses and lies. Now all of a sudden he can finish it now that want to take it somewhere else. “ just need more time”

Was told today “we are going whats on the contract” we are almost 10k+ in miscalculations and all he has done is the beams and cab cage. Going on 18 months and made little progress. Just want the truck back and take it to someone else and have 3 shops in mind. I agreed to a “turn key 1450 plated truck” all I get is excuses and a new bill. Not complaining, or looking for attention but just adding to my list of notes. I give to Fs at this point and don’t want someone else to lose what I have with this builder.

Just Fing sad how a persons word and hand shake means nothing today

Last edited:

Jay150

Reaction
I’m getting my truck back this week. Make my final post and be able to put this behind all of us LMFAO! I’m hoping it would be all done but was told “As complete as we can have it by then. “

so TBC and stay tuned in for pics.......

Last edited:

Jay150

Reaction
And thus, golf carts?

Going through the thread now that this is all
about to be over and how funny that I ended up buying a golf cart! Let me tell you that’s a whole pile of another poop and had no idea about. Just LT’ed our cart for camping at full hook ups at the beach during the summers and local camping during the winter. Now I want to upgrade to lithium but can’t commit to $1,800.

Attachments

• E70F4FE9-58ED-4450-AD9C-86A80875FA6E.jpeg
    E70F4FE9-58ED-4450-AD9C-86A80875FA6E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63

jeff

Reaction
Going through the thread now that this is all
about to be over and how funny that I ended up buying a golf cart! Let me tell you that’s a whole pile of another poop and had no idea about. Just LT’ed our cart for camping at full hook ups at the beach during the summers and local camping during the winter. Now I want to upgrade to lithium but can’t commit to $1,800.

Is that TXT a Series, DCS, PDS, or TXT48? If it's a Series... UPGRADE THE BRAKES!

Aloha

Jay150

Reaction
Is that TXT a Series, DCS, PDS, or TXT48? If it's a Series... UPGRADE THE BRAKES!

Aloha

yes it’s a 36V TXT, I just use it for full hookup camping in the summers. Not going to be keeping it long. I want a 2015+ 48v that charges itself when your not on the gas and the other things I don’t really need. I do agree the breaks suck lmfao, especially with the bigger lift, wheels and tires.

Jay150

Reaction
Lol. I’m starting to consider a sxs for next year.

Same...... Lost too much desert family time the last 2 years. Should keep us busy while we are trying to clean up this mess and start another project. Hopefully I’ll have my dream truck built within 10 years when I’m 50. 😔

Last edited:

Jay150

Reaction
So did you get your truck back? Any pics of the work.

No not yet. Got pushed behind another build. The original plan was for me to pick it up my rig at the beginning of this month and that I was going to get reimbursed what work wasn’t done. On the day of pick up, we had talked and we are both unhappy of the outcome of this situation, especially for me since it wasn’t even a roller. I had told him that the ball was in their court. I prefer to get what I paid for but would take the truck as is and take the partial refund. I’ve been waiting on a response for 16 days now for a response and not hopeful. it’s really starting to settle in that I’m out of 50k+ until I actually get it back and figure out what is what. I’m so over this bullcrap...........

Last edited:

Tube ride

Reaction
My truck just went in for some major surgery..... hoping for a good outcome throw a bunch of money at it and get out of his hair and hope for the best. I know you can’t babysit them and can’t let them think you will ever sacrifice quality for quickness it’s a test in patience but having complete trust in the fabricator is key and thats what s invaluable when you find them

Jay150

Reaction
My truck just went in for some major surgery..... hoping for a good outcome throw a bunch of money at it and get out of his hair and hope for the best. I know you can’t babysit them and can’t let them think you will ever sacrifice quality for quickness it’s a test in patience but having complete trust in the fabricator is key and thats what s invaluable when you find them

Same position I was in March 2019 but lost all hope going in to the new year. To sum it up, he’s pretty much a corrupt politician with fake promises. I agree that you shouldn’t babysit or bite the hand that’s fabricating for you but there has to be a line some where. I was originally quoted 4 months and still don’t have a actual eta. I have lost complete trust in this builder until proven other wise. I wish you the best outcome and looking forward to seeing the updates on your build

Jay150

Reaction
So longer than a year ago you started this thread and where are you now?

Im actually embarrassed that I’m in the exact same spot as before. The only difference is the amount of excuses and delays. I gave him an additional 10k in parts which wasn’t apart of the original agreement, still no progress has been made. I’ve exhausted all my legal avenues and options. I have seen some update pics and not happy to say the least. I was hoping that I was going to post that we worked out the issues, happy with the workmanship and could recommend him but yeah that’s negative.

Last edited: