Gibbs engines in the desert

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Which one? Andy was only Gibbs I know that failed, Concrete was not a motor, Bryce is not in a Gibbs

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
i would love a JGR engine, i would put it in the corner of my living room next to all my5k surfboards and stair at for hours...

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
It seems like the Gibbs engines are not doing well in the desert.
I think Andy’s is the first motor failure of the JD1 (Gibbs) race motors that I can recall.

The challenge is having so much power it finds other weak links that have to be engineered to hold the power.

And having Mark on site for support for the engine program for all the teams is exceptional. I saw that first hand all week as he supported The 31 (38 ) and the 70 and I think a couple others all this week.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
is the JGR eng.failure gonna be known as far as what failed?, or is it standard practice to not disclose?

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
is the JGR eng.failure gonna be known as far as what failed?, or is it standard practice to not disclose?
I would imagine that is up to each program to discuss and say what they do. I’m only using the term failure from the report Andy had a blown motor. I have no idea what failed or had issues with. I know 70 was not a motor issue and they actually drove it from mile 93 all the way to Ojos on the highway just fine.

Some racers like to talk about the 2 dollar part or some specific item that cost them the race. Others just want to move on.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
Multiple Gibbs have failed in the last few races.

Arcerio blew one up at the Mint

Householder blew one up at San Felipe

Andy blew one up at the 500
Forgot about Arciero. Was householders the JD1 package?

Argentino

RDC Crypto
If you want to be hardcore, then you gotta live hardcore.

JGR motors sound 69x cooler than anything else out there
I hear them zinging by at 12k rpm. lol Sounds cool but it's easy to tell why they don't live.

False security is expensive in the world of racing.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
I have to imagine the 4wd requires more power than what proven platforms the 2wd can run. I hope they stay in the sport. I love the crossover aspect.

Last edited: