Gillett and Terrorist ties????

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
LOL... Rednecks Revolt!

Gillett says Yates-RPM merger on track: George Gillett Jr., majority owner of Richard Petty Motorsports [#9,19,43,44], said he hopes to form a stock-car league in Saudi Arabia as part of a contractual agreement he signed this week with Saudi Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud, a member of the Saudi Royal Family. But Gillett emphasized that he is not selling the team. He said he hopes to finalize a merger with Yates Racing soon, and that RPM will race Fords in 2010. Gillett felt the need to address many issues about RPM after some reports this week falsely stated Gillett's new deal with the Saudi prince would lead to the prince's sports management team taking over RPM. "I came back from Europe into a maelstrom of massively inaccurate stories," Gillett said Saturday at Kansas Speedway. "So I thought we could correct it and move forward. As part of out conversations [with the Saudis], it became clear we should have aligned interest. We discussed if they had an interest in buying a small interest in RPM. A majority? Heck no. It was a very early conversation, but it was completely distorted. I come here today as a man with a clear conscious and potentially a very attractive partner. If he becomes a small investor [in RPM] I can't imagine it would be anything but positive for the sport. That's the story." Gillett said he and the Saudis are in the talks to form some type of stock-car league overseas Gillett said the merged RPM/Yates operation will be at least a three-car team and hopefully four cars. He would not confirm who if those four drivers would be Kasey Kahne, A.J. Allmendinger, Elliott Sadler and Paul Menard, which was reported earlier.(ESPN)(10-3-2009)

TrademarkTim

i havent been keeping tack of nascar much the past few years but how did this come about? gillett partnered with evernham then took over? whats ray doing now? then merged with petty?

kaw500

i havent been keeping tack of nascar much the past few years but how did this come about? gillett partnered with evernham then took over? whats ray doing now? then merged with petty?
Ray is living large with his young wife, Erin took the racing right out of him.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
A very good source close to the deal said RAY was getting 8mill a year AFTER he sold all but 5%... So now that Gillett bought him all the way out I bet it was either one lump or More than 8mil a year.

I don't remember the exact number but I think The down payment was something like 80Mil !!!!!!!!$$$$$ +8mil year.

I was in Red Rock eating dinner and he was in the booth next to us with some pimped out geezer and they had these two smok'n cougars... And in the booth next was Elliott Sadler licking his lobster fingers with some fat pig chick...LOL

Jeepspeedster

Robby G. needs to sign a deal like this. NASCAR and Off-Road deal with a Saudi Princ. There sure is planty of dunes there.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Times must be rough when you half to go to the dezert to find money for your neck team!