Glamis Deaths

Advertising supports this site

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
I have a company provided phone and they pay me well to answer it when it rings, no matter when. So I am, unfortunately, glued to it.
RDC doesn't require its staff to carry a phone. Sometimes it works better to get work done, other times its the opposite.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Sad story. The regret that would be gut wrenching.
Even with adequate water out there you’d be feeling awful after a 3 mile hike in that terrain.

Luckily today SOS systems are fairly regular commodities these days and cost very little.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Water and lots of it. You make a mistake and leave camp without it, you may go a thousands time with NO issues and then all it take is one time and it's over.

Most have Radios now and most go with others. Education is the key.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
When we were out there in NOV, i always had at least 6 waters on my X3, my race radio, cell phone, and spot device. I can run a 6 min mile on blacktop, but walking 3 miles in the dunes in 100+ weather.....not so easy.

--John

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
19+ year old thread resurrected, is that the record??

I believe assets for recovery have improved a great deal in that almost 20 years…
Check the date on the screen shot picture below. The op is from 2001. The bump was is in 2022. I called it out as the possibly the oldest resurrection at 21 years.

—————————
561E8925-A59E-4892-BE4B-A545A1DB5B48.png

——————————

Carry on.

Last edited:

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
i would have set car on fire as last resort
You are SPOT ON. I have told this to many people out dirtbike riding. I had a good friends son broke down up in the Washington State mountains in the cold (snowing) at 6 at night in the winter (Already dark outside) and told him if his son calls again to start the bike on fire and that will get the search crews to the location. His boy called him at 9pm and said he made it out. Lucky.

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
Water is SO important. We're planning to carry 6 gallons of water in the cab of our truck.

And yes, we'll light our truck on fire if that's what is required.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
RDC Crypto
What happened Randy?
Long story short...Colorado, elk hunting (late oct.), left camp to take an elk into town for processing early evening,
2 hr. trip to town, transmission throws up on the way back up the mountain, COLD out, end up on the side of
the road(?) until about 2 AM, (COLD!!!!!), spare tire came off and was lit to keep us from freezing....our buds
finally realized we shoulda been back to camp long time ago and came looking for us. (Pre cell phone days)
We considered torching my truck to get help........All's well that ends well!