Glamis Deaths

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Any fire in Glamis is going to get attention now days. You have BLM, Border Patrol, Ca Hwy Patrol, rangers, etc. someone will see and either go find out what’s going on or will notify the appropriate agency. These incidents don’t happen that often now days. 20 years ago was a little different.

Advertising supports this site

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
Any fire in Glamis is going to get attention now days. You have BLM, Border Patrol, Ca Hwy Patrol, rangers, etc. someone will see and either go find out what’s going on or will notify the appropriate agency. These incidents don’t happen that often now days. 20 years ago was a little different.
Light a pallet on fire & see how fast the LAW shows up

ciscokid8

RDC Crypto
Also, the newer iPhones have the sos function. When you hold the top two buttons for a couple seconds it sends an sos to whom ever you selected as assigned emergency, contacts including a drop pin of you location regatdless of service because it uses satellite location pin pointing.

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
Also, the newer iPhones have the sos function. When you hold the top two buttons for a couple seconds it sends an sos to whom ever you selected as assigned emergency, contacts including a drop pin of you location regatdless of service because it uses satellite location pin pointing.
That sounds great. But I just looked it up “satellite location pin pointing” when not in cell range. I could not find a thing about that. I would like to believe this is true but it is a huge assumption to gamble on in an emergency.

Or do you know something that I could not find on apples site?

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
I helped out at an SCCA rally event in Gorman back before the tree huggers screwed up everything. The stage crew had their motor home wedged into a spot to keep the course clear, and I noticed (2) 5ga buckets full of rusty nails they collected while dragging a magnet ahead of the motor home on their way in... Smart Move, avoiding a potential flat tire on a narrow trail!

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
The iphone has no satelite transmit ability, its cell or wifi only, so that will not work.

--John

ciscokid8

RDC Crypto
That sounds great. But I just looked it up “satellite location pin pointing” when not in cell range. I could not find a thing about that. I would like to believe this is true but it is a huge assumption to gamble on in an emergency.

Or do you know something that I could not find on apples site?

The iphone has no satelite transmit ability, its cell or wifi only, so that will not work.

--John
I work with Apple execs, the new phones have it. They we’re looking to offer sat phone services and were fought by the big 3. The sos will work though

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
You folks thinking a signal fire is gonna save you during the summer..........burn baby burn
Polaris is out a Buttercup, the rest is left to the dirt people till Oct.