Glamis on July 4th

toyotaguy

Reaction
So do people go out to Glamis for the 4th of July? I was thinking so for the party aspect of that day, but then I was thinking NO because the weather is too hot during the day to run your truck. So do lots of people go out there for the 4th and if so are you?

sweetdevil

Reaction
You wont find many people at Glamis this time of year. Temperatures are around 110 degrees right now, so by July, expect 120's...
Glamis is open for Red stickers October 1- April 30. You can expect the crowds back on Halloween on '03

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
GO to the river. You go to glamis in that heat you will melt the soles of your shoes or boots...I know from experience on memorial day when I was very young. There are a few places you can romp your truck in Havasu or Parker and you can chill in the water all day and look at the scenery

NORCALf150

Reaction
ill be in pismo for the 4th of july, anyone coming up PM me

toyotaguy

Reaction
that is what I figured about the heat. I guess the river it is

martininsocal

Reaction
Some friends of mine have a place out in Mojave Valley south of Bullhead. Their property owners associationland abuts some Indian land along the river. The Indians allow offroading if you purchase a permit. Not huge like the dez, but sand and lots of whoops. Anyone else know the place? I think it is called Happy Valley or something like that. If you are going North on Az 95, you head towards the river at the little 9 hole golf course.

kjmiller1

Reaction
Is it just above Needles? We have to pay for a permit whenever somebody comes by on an atv(1 out of 5 times and its like 5 bucks) when we kick it on their beaches. I see a lot of guys with trucks and bikes and what not. If we are thinking of the same place, it would definately be a good place to go on the 4th, since the avi has the best fireworks I have ever seen and its really cool to watch it from your boat.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
they have a shirt with your quote on it.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
We've been going to Willow Valley for many years now (including this weekend). The general area, I think, is called Mohave Valley and it is all Indian land. The community by that 9-hole golf course is Willow Valley. They have their own private marina and beaches. However, there are several beaches to choose from relatively close to the marina. If you don't beach in the marina private beach, the indians will patrol on a quad to collect day use $$$. People ride/drive their bikes, quads, buggies, golf carts, truck, whatever! There are tons of litle trails to have fun on and a rather long dyke road that people haul ass on. Willow is also nice because you can always make a day trip down to Havasu or up to Laughlin. Plus, on busy weekends like this one, it is not as crazy as Parker or Havasu. If anyone is going, PM me and we'll hook up.