Glamis Sand Drags

Bonzen

Reaction
Does anyone know why there is no lip at the start of the sand drags? I heard that they (BLM) bulldozed it flat so no one could get air.....well it seems to me that no jump would just allow everyone else that doesnt jump to just drive in twice as fast, therefore creating more possible danger than the few people that just launch into it big. I dont know, maybe it naturally builds up over the season or something.

Any thoughts? -Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

hbprnstr

Reaction
I know they used to fill in the whoops but have never heard of them bull dozing the starting jump. its going to be rather lame if this is the case of not having a jump. Without the jump its just a bunch of cars kicking up sand and dust in your face. who wants to watch that?

sweetdevil

Reaction
I've been out there four times this season... Sand Highway and the drags are REALLY smooth... People are driving WAAAY too fast down the drags, if some idiot falls off his quad/bike, the trucks are doing about 70, and they'll be toast... See you guys out there for Thanksgiving!! What day do you guys usually head out?

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

jwfab1

Reaction
I agree, the trucks and sand cars are now traveling pretty fast. I saw alot of close calls, guys laying down bikes and trucks almost hitting them. The whoops are now mostly at the end of the drags, so the guys in stock trucks are hitting them pretty fast and bucking all over the place. I hate to say it because I never like to see anyone get hurt, but it is only a matter of time before someone really gets hurt.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
I'll be in Ocitillo Wells sat-tue, glamis wed-sun. I had to do something since we wern't running the 1000 after all. Besides, theres a little life left in the partybarge and I feel the need to beat it out of it.......
Last trip!!!!!!

singlehanded

Reaction
I agree the drags are way fast. I was going around 65 mph thru them on my trip holloween weekend and if anybody infront of you $%#@s up your gonna crash right into them going dam fast. We had a close call with a jeep one time down the drags.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Holloween(SP) 9 people paralized! saw one at the drags, quad got loose near the edge and took a bistander out. Glamis needs to go back to the hands of those who go out and ride or drive something other than the passenger seat of a F350. last year at the drags on thaksgiving saw this girl in the back of a ranger standing up while the man was starting to pick up the pace, hit a woop and she flew out and did a swan dive right on her head. Sad. She did not make it, it was instant. and for WHAT!!! to show off a truck in the sand. SPECTACULAR! Where will a line be drawn!

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

1992f150

Reaction
damn dude those kind of stories make me not want to go out there!

Azusa: shame of the foothills

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Did any of you see that idiot driving that black expedition down the drags on halloween weekend? They were honking the horn and hanging out the windows bouncing all over.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
yup, that is the crap i am talking about! And as someone said earlier it is SO night and day between offweekends. I love to ride and being out there but I HATE WATCHING MY BACK AND LOOKING AROUND EVERY CORNER FOR SOME CHUMP IN A SUPER DUTY OR A CR250 AT NIGHT.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

Bonzen

Reaction
I saw those guys....they took the jackass award home for the day. It was pretty funny, except they were driving I mean bouncing too close to the crowd. A wrong hop and they might have crashed into some people.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com