Glamis TG weekend

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
So I’m meeting a few friends from around the US at glamis on nov 24th. Need advice where to park. We all have RV’s so we are self contained.

—john

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
It's a sight to see if you have never been there on TG.
We used to go to wash 26...takes a while to get there but away from most of the nonsense. Don't go anymore. Heading to Ocotillo Wells on Vet weekend though.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Thanksgiving you will be camping in the washes coming in on the 24th. Washes are much easier to get space for a good size group. Camping on Gecko won't happen unless you have enough people show up the week before to grab some space.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
wash # 4, of course that was 1988,havent been to Glamis in over 15 years,best time to show up is thursday night all hammerd, then park in the ' jungle', get more hammered, then go on dune run till 3am, oh wait, im old now, its jeopardy&jeritol& bed by8 now...never liked Gecko, always seemed down wind& dusty, was a north sider till it was closed, good old days, do people still line up sunday morning for air behind the store?, thats hilarious😆 best place on big weekends is Plaster city, low key, not to many delinquents, lots of safe wide open desert

Last edited:

sand shark

RDC Crypto
wash # 4, of course that was 1988,havent been to Glamis in over 15 years,best time to show up is thursday night all hammerd, then park in the ' jungle', get more hammered, then go on dune run till 3am, oh wait, im old now, its jeopardy&jeritol& bed by8 now...never liked Gecko, always seemed down wind& dusty, was a north sider till it was closed, good old days, do people still line up sunday morning for air behind the store?, thats hilarious😆 best place on big weekends is Plaster city, low key, not to many delinquents, lots of safe wide open desert

Wash 4 is a dust bowl as is pretty much every camping spot in Glamis. Last year was the busiest I had seen Glamis for Thanskgiving since the early 2000s.

Oh you forgot to roll into camp at midnight and spend the next hour tuning your banshee, VW powered rail or you V8 powered jeep.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
yes, thats usually sat night, sun morning, the last minute crew, & they Always pick Your area to test and tune till sun up👍

We had that crew next to us one year. My friend's dad did not appreciate them doing test runs next to his trailer. Ran out there and yelled at one of the guys and the test session ended. LOL!

class5cole

RDC Crypto
We go every year and have yet to have an issue other than with the land nazis, i mean blm. It's a great time watching stupid money. Swingset and dunes all day, drags at Gecko at sunset, Olds at night. Never gets old.
Land Nazis? Just make sure your sticker has a sticker and you have a permit to breathe

Last edited:

nickc313

RDC Crypto
You will NOT find a spot anywhere on gecko on the 24th. Best bet is vendor row (directly across from the gd storage yard) or wander down into the washes. Glamis is great on a holiday weekend, to be a spectator. Dont plan on any balls-out fast crazy rides as you will likely crash into someone lol. Go for slow cruises to the main attractions and enjoy the yahoo's. It's always a fun/wild time.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Spoke with my buddies. We are going to hit Glamis, for a day at least to check it out. Just to see it all. Then possibly head to one of the other areas you all suggested. What would be reasonably close?

—john

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Spoke with my buddies. We are going to hit Glamis, for a day at least to check it out. Just to see it all. Then possibly head to one of the other areas you all suggested. What would be reasonably close?

—john
Baja.
Did a big loop once from the store and ended up in Baja at some farms at the end of the dunes...we were looking for the border fence and found out there wasn't one then.
I'd go to Ocotillo Wells, Superstition mountain...great long rides abound with lots to see.
I M going there in 2 weeks.

JerryB

RDC Crypto
My suggestion, Ocotillo Wells, great trails, mix of terrain, if you've got paddles on your ride take them off. You can go off the 78 side and hit up the trails there as well as cross the highway headed south and ride down to Superstition, play around there a little. Fun fast ride to and from. Or, off the 86S expressway (at Salton City) turn onto the S22, go about a mile or so and you'll see a tree line on your left, good camping spot (out of the dust bowl) and central location to ride from. You can head south towards the 78 side (mentioned above), explore Truckhaven or head east in one of the washes and ride down to the sea (just don't get close, ground is deceiving you will bury your ride and the mud dries like concrete). Sights to see, the mudpots, pumpkin patch, shell reef. If you're street legal uno-palm and 17 palms is a good ride. Lots of good riding from here and way less crazy than Glamis. Just my 2 cents