Glamis / thanksgiving

YZFster

Reaction
Let me know where u r coming from and we will get u there....plenty of riding

Go Big or stay there.

Just4Fun

Reaction
Last year, think it was on new years weekend, these guys lit there truck on fire at the bottom of comp to claim insurance, they rolled it earlier that day; believe at the drags but not positive. Anyway, undercover cops came down wearing flannels while on quads, then they had 2 helicopters come in w/ spot lights and a bunch on their funco rails. That was the first time ive ever seen them go down there for a bust. They ended up arresting the guys. It was funny because everyone thought they were bad ass when the cops left yelling at them and throwing [censored] but when they were down there everyone was basically quiet. People are stupid.
Jason
P.M. Fabrication

martininsocal

Reaction
I don't believe you will need a California Green sticker if you can prove you are from out of state and the state you reside in does not require registration. You will have to buy the Camping permit. Most of the folks out there doing law enforcement are just like any other cops on the planet. If you fail the attitude test, you can expect to be checked out from head to toe. Just be cool, courteous, and respectful and they won't hassle you. and remember, the laws are there so you can recreate safely. Most would never have been written in the first place if someone wasn't extremely stupid to begin with. One more time, just think of what the alternative could be...

If your gonna go, go BIG

evan_clanin

Reaction
any were u go now adays, any holiday, ur gona have idiots, the weekends arnt so bad but there still out, the only time u can go out and run wide open and not worrie about any ting is in the middle of the week, to many home skillets come over from the valley and wreck it then go home, and leave the locals to pick up every thing, its gettin outa hand, i ran over a celica, on pismo beach, cuz he tried to pass me at the creek and got sideways and dindt see me, no why in the hell would u take a celica out to the dunes! just stupid the kid was like 16 years old plastered outa his mind, and he didnt know what happened, or what he was doing, i try to stay away any more, not worth it, u cant even stage at table top to jump cuz people r to busy draging up it, if u wana drag go to comp its 30 seconds away!!

sorry if i offended any one, just been bothering me latly

evan

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

kurt

Reaction
Out of State people do not need to register with DMV for a green sticker, you can buy an out of state vehicle tag from the Ranger station, it's like $15 and covers you for the year (July 1 to June 30 - I think). That's what I did last year for my buggy to avoid the hassle of taking it down to the CHP and then over to DMV to register it for the green sticker.
As far as the number of Rangers out there, the more the better, I wish they had 1 for every punk-ass loser that goes out there just to get rowdy and cause mayham. As far as I'm concerned throw them all in one big jail cell and let them light themselves on fire in there, wouldn't bother me one bit!!! Maybe I'm being a bit harsh? NO, I no longer take my family to Glamis on the holiday weekends because of the danger and total lunacy of the punk-ass crowd who go there only to cause problems and go nuts and endanger others by their actions. Heck I'm all for going out to Glamis to, party, drink (responsibly), have a good time, chill out, and get a bit wild, but when it starts to endanger others it's WRONG. So I say bring on the Rangers!!! As far as the punk-ass losers, I say get the hell out of our sand box and go crawl back under the rock from which you came!

PS - Sorry for the rant but I feel strongly on this one

PSS - I'll be out there Thur - Sun, Gecko campground, 4-seat buggy with American Flag paint scheme, come by and say hi - as long as your not a punk-ass loser, hehehehehehe.

Kurt

Jordan

Reaction
If you wanna go somewhere to check out stupidity and like deep sand go to glamis. If you wanna go somewhere that will also have some stupidity and mostly hardpack nice stuff for trucks go to Ocotillo!

<font color=red>"The more we play the more we pay"</font color=red>

Bonzen

Reaction
I'll be seeing you out there Kurt! Hope we didnt bonze the rail too hard at the last night race!

-Ryan

Bryan_D

Reaction
I'll be at Gordons on thanksgiving. I have a white Jeepspeed and will be looking for any RDC people. Gonna go to glamis on fri&sat down the highway. Hope to see you there.

martininsocal

Reaction
Heres the final word on registration(or lack of) this is official if you get caught or checked.

G.Registration...
3. If you are NOT a California resident and your off-highway vehicle is not registered in your home state, you are required to have a NON-RESIDENT OHV permit(sticker) issued by California Department of Parks and Recreation, to operate your vehicle in the State of California (38020 C.V.C.) The display locations are the same as specified for California "Green Stickers" (38170 C.V.C.)

Hope this helps!

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG