Glamis this weekend?

sirhk100

Anyone gonna be at Glamis this next weekend? Before Xmas? I'll be out there with the dezert limo and HOPEFULLY my bike, if not I'll be stuck on a quad:(

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)

sweetdevil

If you want someone to relieve you of being stuck with your quad, I'll volunteer.... I'm taking this weekend off from the dezert, but I'll be out there the weekend after Xmas, and the weekend after new years....

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

sirhk100

It sucks, I've got a '03CRF450 but the damn thing already broke and is in the shop. If I don't get it back I've gotta borrow my friend's extra quad. I guess it's still better then staying home!!! I'm not sure when we'll be back at Glamis after this weekend. I'll be at the New Years race for sure. I think the weekend after new years we're gonna be in Mexico, Rosorito/Ensenada area. The weekend in between I'm not sure what the plans are yet. That'll probably be a spur of the moment decision...

Khris

Waldo

Safehouse
What broke? I am considering a new CRF...My dad works at a dealership and he sees nothing but Yamaha 4-strokes in for service and they (service guys) all recommend the Honda for reliablility.

Confucius Say - "For every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."

sirhk100

1st let me say that the bike is absolutely amazing and it kicks the crap outta my YZ426 that I had. I don't know what broke though. It won't start. It's got compression and spark. The jets are clean, all carb passages have been blown out, and the sensors are all good according to test from the manual. I can squirt gas in the carb and get it to start and keep squirting gas in to keep it idling. This makes me think it's carb related but I've done everything I could think of so I took it to a friend on Friday that is a service mech. here in San Diego and he's going to look at it on the side. I'll let you know what it was when I find out. He was surprised to see it too and said they never get them in for repairs. It's probably something stupid!!!

Khris

Jack

I just setup the fam with a 90 and a 250 Honda fourstroke quads, and a Suzuki DRZ400/SE for me, we will see how they last after Christmas.

Waldo

Safehouse
I know this may sound stupid but did you check the petcock filter or if there is a clog in the fuel line? Sometimes these little things happen...definitely let me know what you find. I rode a friends's 02 CRF last week at Elsinore and had a blast. I love 4strk power.

Confucius Say - "For every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I was gonna say petcock too.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

jwfab1

My friends cousin came out to Glamis with us and couldn't get his bike to start. I had just met him, and he was real cocky, so I was hesitant to say anything. After 45 minutes I said, "this may be a stupid question, but is there gas in the tank." He looked at me with that,(are you that stupid), look, shook his head and kept on kicking. About 15 minutes later he came over and asked jokingly, got any gas I can borrow, apologized and said, thanks. I guess some people let there EGO'S get in the way.

sirhk100

Yeah, that I-Bike kit is sweet!!! Plus I got it for free. A friend of mine is neighbors with one of the main guys at One Industries and hooked me up with the kit.

Yup, gas in the tank and a solid flow outta the tube right into the carb. It's got spark and compression. Pulled the valve cover off and all the valve clearances are in spec. Pulled the carb COMPLETELY apart, every jet is clean and every passage I could find was blown with air and seem clear. TPS sensor resistance is right on with what the manual said. Timing is dead on. Only way I can get it to run is to squirt gas in the carb with a oil can squirter thingy (like that techinical term?). We can get it to start and idle by manually shooting gas into it. That alone makes me 99% sure it's a carb problem. The accelerator pump is still squirting and the floats are perfect with what the manual says. I've had the carb apart 3 times and I'm dumbfounded why it's not running. I took it to a friend that's the head servic manager at a dealer here in san diego and he was shocked when I told him everything I did and that it still isn't running. This is the first time in the 17 years I've been riding that one of my bikes went to the shop. I know I did more test and checked more then I've written here but this is just off the top of my head. I gave my friend a list of what I did and results so hopefully he'llfigure something out.

Congrats on hooking up the family with the toys... They'll LOVE THEM!!!!!!

Khris

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sirhk100 on 12/16/02 09:54 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Another thought on your bike(forgot we were talking thumpers)....did you check the valves?

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

sirhk100

Yup, they were right in spec with the book. The bike is still in the shop. It's been in there for 2 weeks, they've had 3 different techs look at it and now are talking with Honda of America to find out what they think... Just my luck I get the one bike that is a puzzle.

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

martininsocal

Well, lets hope my kid has better luck, I just picked up a CRF150 to stick under the tree for him. He has outgrown teh DS80 and he needs something faster to keep up with me when I prerun in the buggy, finally. I went 4 stroke so he could use it all year long, no red sticker for us.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

sirhk100

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I honestly think I just got the one funky bike. No one, and I mean no one (shops, owners, CRF forums) has had any real problems other then typical wear and tear stuff.

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

Waldo

Safehouse
Martin, do you want to adopt another kid?

Confucius Say - "Every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."

martininsocal

Waldo- I have sked my wife about it, but she refuses. I was trying for a late teen female, maybe a stray from the swedish bikini team who didn't want to return the cold of europe! She says no. Maybe if you shave your legs?

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG