• Forum membership has its advantages....

Glamis Videos

jeff

I had been looking all over for the video of Curt LeDuc out at Glamis this last weekend... I just found two of them. Check out this link: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://sdprerunners.com/sdprerunner/video.html>http://sdprerunners.com/sdprerunner/video.html</A>

Anyone have any pics of the Hummer that supposedly caught 60 feet of air before it digger'd into the sand? How about the yellow jeep that fought the train and lost?

Aloha

Ryno

Jeff-

I heard about the yellow Jeep..Ouch. One of my friends got a nice lil 502 out there, a friend of a friend got hit by a sand car. He was on a bansheeheehee WFO, and I guess the sandcar hit him so hard that the a arms sheared in half at the ball joint. He rolled it, and severed his left arm. It was later @ UCSD that he lost the arm. That's why I don't go out there for big weekends anymore. I went for 8 years, last year, I had enough. Not that I wasn't having fun, but people are just plain freakin stupid out there.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Klaus

Administrator
I saw that hummer on friday morning...
What a loss considering the price of $60k+/- .

If anyone has good video form Glamis this past weekend please PM or e-mail me.

klaus

jeff

Yep. I actually didn't see much of an increase in stupidity last weekend. Same idiots doing the same idiotic things. People always fight, people always crash, people always build pits at Comp and they always leave their trash. It always sucks that someone has to die out there. It's gonna take more than mass stupidity to stop me from going to Glamis, in fact, I'll be out there New Years. It's still fun to hang out, drink a few beverages and watch the insanity. Where else can you watch so many vehicles doing so many crazy things? Oh yeah, playing in the dunes is fun too.

Anyone else watch the Muller Hood Class 1 out there...??? a fine example of a bitchin' car being piloted by someone new to the dunes... that's as politically correct as I can word that.

Anyone got video of the red F-150 prerunner out there? Both the truck and driver had big balls.

Aloha

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
My truck go thit by a train Thanksgiving 96. I want even there. I was in Brawley. IT blew big arse, especially when all the A holes looted what was left of the bed of the truck for all the toolboxes and beer. I still keep going. God must love stupid people because he made so many of them...Glamis is proof.

"Revenge is best served cold"

gary

i just wanted to add that the sdprerunners site that the videos are on is pretty cool...never been to it before

JCA

I had never been to their site eithere. I had tried before but must have been using a wrong address. I think it would be fun to be involved and meet people in a good club. I like what I see of the Inland Prerunners Club. I have met some of them. It is just a long drive to their events. I do not know much about sdprerunners. Does anyone have info about them? They meet 15-20 mins from my house. Would it be a good for a family or is it more for a young person?

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.andrewsracing.com>www.andrewsracing.com</A>

Waldo

Safehouse
Rhyno, I'm with you...No more big weekends @ Glamis. Some people just don't know how to control themselves. I started going to glamis in the 3rd grade (over 20 years ago) but stopped going on big weekends when you couldn't cruise through comp at night anymore. Also, having a daughter in my life has changed my perspective on that place. Even if you camp in the boonies, the crap happends. Off weekends are the best out there. It is not as loud, virgin like sand dunes, and you can party with your family/friends and not worry about the jackass at the next camp running your asses over!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

sirhk100

We rolled up on that Hummer probably 15 minutes after it happened, not a pretty site!! They must have been flying because you could see where they landed and all I can say is DAMN!! I don't know the status of the people in it but we didn't hang out that long, no reason to get in the way. I had a great weekend, no problems, and really didn't witness too much stupidity. In fact, I was blown away reading on the Glamis Dunes page about all the violence cause I actually thought it was a mellow weekend. A couple things that did stand out as crazy was 1st, that hummer. 2nd, I saw the truck on fire Friday night (I think, they all kinda blurred together) that was pushed down the hill. REALLY STUPID SITUATION now that I know what happened according to the stories on the GD.com site. 3rd, on thurs. or Fri. afternoon from the base of Olds, I looked over at the big motorcycle double opposite the valley of the hill and saw a truck. This thing from a distance looked to have a blue cab and front clip, full cage with no bedsides or anything. Anyways, he went for the double that Gordon has done many times cause there was a white Rail out there doing it. Anyways, the truck came up probably 15' short. It completely disappeared in a spray of sand and drove out. It turned around and drove back to the top. I saw this from a distance and was frigging amazed the truck even rolled away from there. Did anyone else happen to see that jump?

I overall had a great week out there, luckily I guess I was in all the right places because it's turning out to be a pretty violent Thanksgiving out there from the shootings, fights, and stabbings. I'll be out again New Years with some friends that are driving a long ways to pop their Glamis Cherry but if that weekend turns out to be similar to what this past one is sounding like, it may be my last holiday out there.

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

Junior

Glamis is pretty crazy! What my family does is spend most of our time in the Buttercup and Gordons Well area with an occasional trip to Glamis during the holiday weekend to watch the action from the back of our pickup. My entire family loves to watch the action but we are NOT interested in camping there or even taking our sand toys with us when we go there.

I hear the numbers of duners in the ISDRA were double that of last year, with about the same number of injuries/fatalities as last year. I read the shootout was related to a motorcycle theft, not a drive-by or anything. I agree that you can enjoy the dunes much more on off weekends but there aint no substitute for that holiday action!

Junior
EJR Racing #244

fishd00d

What A Joke
Damn! Thats crazy heh. Did the jeep stall or something? Why didnt he just back off it? it looks like he had a lot of time!

JCA: I went to the SDPrerunners meeting last time and its actually really big. There was a ton of trucks there and most of them are actually pretty nice. Its a lot of young people but I saw a few family's there. I think it would be ok to take the kids to, the people stay pretty calm. Always after the meetings they usally go out to Ocotillo for a night run, last time they went to Devil's Slide and everyone was jumping it. If you goto the next meeting look for me in my white Toyota with all glass and no bed and coilovers.

Go Big Or Go Home

John Bitting

Administrator
Damn was anybody hurt in that?? Its looks like a little kid laying in front of it when they show the wreckage.. Hope this is not the case.

Wayne_Nosala

I went to my normal spot in Cal City last weekend to try to escape the crowds,
ive never seen so many people out there ever! Our normal camp site was taken by
wednesday. We(for the first time in over 20 years) had to move to another location.
Id say the OHV sport has grown quite a bit the past few years! there was definetly a
few Beginner type idiots running around there too.
Wayne

sirhk100

The guys over on the GD.com page say it was stuck there for a little bit and they went to get a friend to pull it off but the train beat them to it. No one was in it!!!

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Yes Glamis was going off on thanksgiving. The Hummer was narly looking. The driver and passenger were all wrapped up, and had a tow truck trying to pull it to the high way. I heard they had to use a crane to get it off the sand, which sounds pretty crazy. Did anyone see the crew cab get pulled into comp sat. nite. That was funny to watch. Glamis seemed packed as far as all the people at Gecko, then the drags were another story. It was more like a parade since they could only have like 2 vehicles next to each other all the way to the end. It was nuts, but ill be there for New Years for sure. Always good for a laugh, just not as safe as it used to be.

Jason